|Job Ref:||204647759||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£32.93 - £41.62/hour||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:21|
A well-established global engineering company based in Bristol is currently looking to recruit a Guidance, Control and Navigation Engineer (on a contract basis) To support the design, development and test of Mid-Course Guidance, Homing Guidance, Control and Navigation algorithms for missile applications.. |
Responsibilities of the GC&N engineer:
* Analysis of closed-loop model simulations.
* Analysis of sub-system and system trials/firing data.
* Generate/maintain justification documentation.
* Prepare and present material at Design Reviews.
* Work with Systems, Simulation & Modelling and Software Engineers to support the validation and verification process, particularly in terms of algorithm integration and test in the 6-DoF Performance Model and generation of Embedded Software through auto coding via the Mathworks toolset.
To be considered for this Systems Engineer role you must:
* Practical experience of modelling flight dynamics (essential)
* Practical experience of Matlab / Simulink (essential)
* Practical experience of developing Guidance, Control & Navigation systems (preferable) - e.g. Guidance Laws, Estimators/Observers, Kalman Filters, Autopilots, Optimal Control, Multivariable Control, H-infinity, Mu-analysis, Integrated Navigation
* Trajectory optimisation (preferable)
* Knowledge of sensors (preferable) - e.g. Accelerometers, Gyros, Inertial Measurement Units, GPS, RF and IR Seekers.
* Knowledge of actuation systems in relation to autopilot design (preferable)
* Experience of delivering on a product development programme (preferable)
If the above position is something that you would be keen to hear more about, then please apply now with your updated CV now