|Job Ref:||204647728||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Prestwick||Address:||Post Code:||NE20||Salary:||£19557 - £21707/annum 20%shift allowance||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:21|
Experienced Operations Technician? You can help protect the environment and create a greener UK|
The increasing scarcity of natural resources is a challenge. At SUEZ this motivates us to develop and deliver safe, innovative and sustainable services and solutions to protect the environment, conserve natural resources and provide a better future for the next generation.
As an Operations Technician at SUEZ, Industrial Water ,you'll be part of a team that optimises and manages the complete industrial water cycle. We are committed to helping customers reduce their impact on the environment and maximising the return on their investments.
The Operations Technician is responsible on a day to day basis for operating and maintaining the Treatment Processes associated with the Water Treatment Plant at the power station. As well as daily operational routines the Operations Technician will be expected to implement front line Planned Maintenance tasks as part of their role.
What will I be doing as an Operations Technician?
• Operate the water treatment plants and associated equipment to ensure that water quality and quantity produced is within the specifications required by the customer.
• Carry out front line maintenance as required.
• Carry out duties in a safe manner to ensure that there is a minimum risk of harm to people or the environment as a result of plant operations.
• Monitor the performance of the assets and carry out actions to ensure that the assets perform at an optimum level at all times.
• Communicate with other members of the Suez and Customer teams to ensure that there is a good level of understanding regarding plant performance, activities to be carried out and any impacts on site wide operations as a result of work within Suez scope.
• Carry out isolations and issue Permits for Work etc. as required to allow others to carry out work on the assets.
Please see the job description for full details:
What are the requirements? (experience and qualifications)
• Knowledge of Wastewater treatment plants. (Desirable)
• To be able to demonstrate through previous work experience, an ability to interpret technical information to affect changes on the plant. (Desirable)
• Demonstrate the ability to work within a quality system. (Desirable)
• Ability and knowledge to complete basic repairs and maintenance.
• A working knowledge of running electro-mechanical plant.
• Basic computer literacy.
• Effluent Treatment Plant Operations.
• Basic training in EMI repairs and maintenance.
• Training in Environmental Health and Safety.
• NVQ in relevant discipline. (Desirable)
With a raft of benefits, family-friendly policies and excellent remuneration packages, there's never been a better time to join SUEZ. We are proud of our fantastic opportunities for personal growth and development, as we continue to build and grow our forward thinking company and you could play a key part in our success.
A friendly and supportive place that you will love to work, we believe creativity, clear communication and our drive for excellence are the keys to our success. We have an open and inclusive culture, focussed on quality, delivery, ownership, leadership and a working environment based on trust and mutual respect for all.
If you share our passion for the environment and our thinking - and have the qualities we're looking for - you could play a big part in our dedicated team.
SUEZ Industrial Water, formally Ondeo Industrial Solutions, is part of SUEZ in the UK. To find out more or apply, please complete the application form and attach your CV.
If you apply for any of our vacancies and do not receive an automated response within 24 hours of submitting your application, please telephone our recruitment helpline