|Job Ref:||204647660||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£26000 - £36000/annum Guide Only - Exceptional Package||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:21|
An award-winning Technology Development Consultancy has created an exciting new graduate position in their hi-tech development team in Cambridge. The team are looking for an intelligent recent PhD Physicist or Mathematician (or perhaps a PhD graduate with a couple of year's post-doc experience) with strong Data Science & Algorithm Development skills to assist in the development of future leading edge information systems for a broad range of fascinating technology companies.|
This isn't your standard graduate role - the Mathematician or Physicist will be expected to make a solid contribution to a group with core business in areas such as robotics, automated manufacturing systems, high-technology consumer products and instrumentation for the oil/gas and renewable energy sectors. This is an exceptional career platform- the Mathematician / Physicist will gain valuable industry experience and training; they will work on a variety of challenging cutting edge projects across a wide variety of technology platforms. The investment from the company (in the Mathematics / Physics graduate) and your commitment will ensure this role is a catalyst to an incredibly successful career.
The Physicist/Mathematician will join a World-class, multi-disciplined group of Scientists and Engineers. With their guidance they take data from sensors or unstructured data and develop algorithms to extract valuable information- developing their skills in algorithm development, data science and programming as part of a whole systems design process. As the graduate's capabilities grow they will able to take on additional responsibilities such as Technical Authority, Project Manager etc.
To be considered for the role of Mathematician or Physicist you would need the following:
* Degree : 2.1 MPhys, MMaths or above, ideally coupled with a Doctorate (PhD/DPhil) involving extensive use of maths for data- or systems- analysis and modelling.
* Good A-Levels (or equivalents)Essential skills:
* Excellent knowledge of maths and physics -including the ability to analyse a complex system from first principles.
* The ability to analyse a wide range of data, structure thoughts well, draw robust conclusions.
* Good reporting and presentation skills with the ability to communicate conclusions in a clear and concise manner;
* Experience of Python, Matlab OR R
* Highly desirable
* Experience of C/C++, java script or another programming language
* Knowledge of machine learning
* Experience of Data Visualisation
* Knowledge of Bayesian statisticsOur view: This is a superb opportunity for a recent PhD graduate to apply their exceptional physics and maths skills in a commercial organisation. This is a job where you will get the satisfaction of seeing your efforts turned into actual physical products and processes that seem almost like science-fiction today but will be in everyday use in the near future. All this in a highly stimulating and challenging environment where no two days are the same, where innovation is recognised and rewarded with excellent pay and benefits along with superb long term career potential. Vacancy title: Mathematician / Physicist Job Location : Cambridgeshire (commutable from Cambridge, Royston, Newmarket, Harlow, Stevenage etc)
* Salary: circa £35K plus excellent benefits and ongoing Training and Development Opportunities
* Boredom will never be an issue