|Job Ref:||204647577||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£25 - £32/hour||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:21|
We are seeking a Structural Engineer / Naval Architect to join our client in Southampton! Our client is a leading marine engineering design consultancy, specialising in naval architecture, structural engineering, mechanical and systems engineering and outfit engineering. They have operated for over a quarter of a century and deliver services which range from concept and preliminary design through to commissioning and trials. Due to continued expansion they are now seeking a Structural Engineer / Naval Architect for an initial 6 month contract.|
As the selected Structural Engineer / Naval Architect you will join the commercial projects team where you will work on a number of interesting projects, such as high speed ferries, crew boats, patrol boats and other military vessels, support vessels, workboats and large yachts. You will be responsible for ensuring that production meets the requirements of the design.
* Producing accurate structural designs and calculations, particularly for aluminium and steel units
* Directing build yard and customer liaisons
* Act as the point of contact for the build yard team
* Provide guidance and answer technical questions from build yard and design teams
* Significant experience in a similar role, particularly with aluminium and steel construction experience and classification approval experience
* Proficient use of relevant software (AutoCAD, Rhino) for reviewing and checking
* Strong technical ability and confidence in it
* Good communication skills to liaise with all levels of an organisation and an ability to build productive relationships
This is a great opportunity for an organised and proactive Structural Engineer to join our client in Southampton. Our client offers a negotiable rate dependent on experience to the ideal candidate, who ideally would be able to travel within Europe if necessary.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information please call Ashley Clarke on (Apply online only) or email and quote 3085AC, or apply directly using the "Apply" option below