|Job Ref:||204647507||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hatfield||Address:||Post Code:||DN7||Salary:||£40000 - £52000/annum bonus, on call||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:08|
IT Infrastructure Services - EUC ESX Analyst|
My client is market leader across infrastructure services and they have an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Analyst across ESX, Windows Server and AWS to join their team
We are looking for candidates that have a deep technical understanding and an excellent proven record of managing data centre solutions in virtualized environments. They have a traditional technical landscape in their data centre located in London, but have initiated a strategic plan, where possible to simplify our infrastructure platform on Amazon Web Services.
Your primary responsibility will be to maintain our service supporting the business and application landscape, as the 2nd / 3rd line support capability. You and your team will work closely with supplier, application and other infrastructure support teams to deliver high quality service to the corporate, retail and wholesale divisions.
The Infrastructure analyst is a subject matter and technical expert on all End User Computing related matters, but specifically focussed on Microsoft Windows Server technologies and their associated tool sets and solutions. You will also be responsible for Group Wide Active Directory, ESX Administration, Zabbix monitoring and our Citrix installations. You will be heavily involved in automating routine tasks using PowerShell.
* Provide 2nd/3rd line support for the storage/server/network virtualisation environment.
* Participate in change projects, from an operational perspective, plan and build operational capability for both the current and future environments.
* Contribute your skills and expertise to resolve incidents, improve performance and availability, problem solve complex integration issues and implement automation for production and development.
* Participate and contribute to service and operational improvement programmes.
* Work closely with the suppliers and systems integration partners to manage escalations and problem resolution, specifically with the application support team.
* Keep your knowledge up to date in a fast moving and evolving cloud computing solutions.
* Ensure the infrastructure is secure; manage data and system availability, access control and service continuity to agreed standards that stand up to audit scrutiny.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in computing related subject.
* A very strong technical background with industry recognised current qualifications in at least two of the three core technologies VMware, Microsoft Active Directory Administration, 3PAR storage management.
* Experience of IT service management disciplines based on ITIL or similar, ideally with a qualification in this area.
* Subject matter expert on ESX virtualization and Windows server admin.
* Exposure to AWS and understanding of AWS billing process
* Competent PowerShell scripting experience, 20% of the work will be automating routine tasks.
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds