|Job Ref:||204647418||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||North London||Address:||Post Code:||N1||Salary:||£0 - £55000/annum Company car / allowence + other benefits||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:01|
Job Title: Sub-contract Buyer|
Role: The provision of buying services to Project Teams on one or more projects as allocated by the Managing Surveyor / Commercial Manager.
Reporting to: Managing Surveyor
Package: Basic up to £55k (negotiable per candidate's experience) + Package (includes company car / allowance and other benefits)
Company: My client is a large, reputable UK Main Building Contractor working predominantly on New Build Residential Projects across London.
• Ensuring procurement of sub-contractors in accordance with an agreed programme and within buying allowances.
• Ensuring compliance with local buying initiatives.
• To support the business in achieving best value buying solutions generally and placing risk averse, robust packages.
• Managing and updating the supply chain in line with business and client requirements.
• Providing effective market intelligence to Commercial/Estimating function/production teams, etc.
• Applying best practice to buying and/or the scheduling processes and effective adoption of agreed Company practice and procedure
• Liaison/negotiation with sub-contractors to achieve best value, delivery, performance, and payment terms.
• Carry out daily / weekly / monthly communication with team & regional project teams
• Ensuring that the administration of sub-contract orders is at all times optimised in particular that;
•Orders are placed in a timely fashion in accordance with the agreed procurement/production programme.
•Order documentation is appropriate to the main contract and that disputes are avoided and/or managed appropriately where applicable.
•Ensuring Specifications are complied with fully on each project under his/her control to minimise risk to the Company, or ensure changes are properly authorised & publicised to necessary parties, both internal & external
•Risk is suitably dissipated by allocation as appropriate to the supplier, including but not limited to re-measurement/quantitative, warranty/guarantee, design, contractual risks, etc.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
•Knowledge of conditions of contract
•Knowledge of legislation in relation to the construction industry
•Knowledge of Health & Safety
•Knowledge of market place levels
Training: Compulsory training is provided
• Experience of procuring / buying materials for an MBC.
• Proven track record in the Residential Sector.
• Competent in all commercial aspects.
• Must be able to work independently and autonomously.
• The drive and desire to succeed.
Applications: If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply via the link below today attaching a copy of your current CV. Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants, therefore only suitable Candidates will be contacted