|Job Ref:||204647381||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Essex||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:20|
Environmental Test Engineer, Essex|
We are looking for an Engineer with experience of functional or environmental testing of computer-based equipment as well as electronic hardware.
The main focus of your role will be preparation of our client's products in representative test systems, planning and executing a range of tests, in-house and sometimes at external test houses, and documenting and reporting on the tests performed. At the moment, the tests include shock & vibration, temperature and EMC compliance, but may include humidity, altitude (high and low pressure) and other tests.
In addition to the testing activities, you will be responsible for a small team including a CNC milling machine operator and lab technicians.
We would like to find an Engineer with the following profile:
* Experience of functional or environmental testing of computer-based equipment
* Electronic hardware
* Building and configuring computer systems from piece parts (e.g. motherboard, data storage, cooling, power supply)
* Installing and configuring Windows and Linux operating systems and drivers
* Creating and amending software scripts
* Understanding and meeting the requirements of military and commercial test specifications for environmental testing
* Diagnosing and finding practical resolutions to technical problems, including an understanding of basic mechanics