|Job Ref:||204647325||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Barnsley||Address:||Post Code:||S71||Salary:||£10 - £14/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:57|
We currently have a vacancy with Bernslai Homes/Barnsley Council for a Brick Layer to start asap in an ongoing contract working Monday to Friday 35 hours a week.|
Purpose of Post:
• To provide a professional and quality craftsmanship in relation to all works carried out.
To provide excellent customer service to all Construction Services internal and external customers.
• To organise workload levels to ensure that an efficient service is maintained.
• To identify areas for improvement and communicate these for inclusion into the Management process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To build or rebuild boundary walls, including curved and circular work.
2. To excavate and concrete foundations.
3. Excavate to and locate and repair drains to within adopted sewer.
4. Build and rebuild brick, concrete, or PVC inspection chambers within parameters set.
5. To carry out the necessary preparation and repair work to external paths, drives and kitchen floors as necessary.
6. To replace lintels, reveals and sills and where appropriate remove windows.
7. To replace line posts using appropriate hand power tools.
8. To re-point, brickwork, chimneys and masonry.
9. To maintain vehicle stock levels at optimum level so that service efficiency is achieved.
10. To carry out maintenance of solid fuel chimneys.
11. To submit all worksheets and documents relating to job (electronically or by paper) within the required timescales