|Job Ref:||204647293||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:57|
Finance Officer - DV Cleared or Eligible|
This is a key role within a highly professional and dynamic team. The Finance team provide financial support across the department, which represent some of the Organisations largest budgets. The monitoring of these budgets is split between four roles, one of which is currently vacant.
We're a hardworking group but with good send of fun and team work. We support each other to ensure we are all able to meet our goals when we are working to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of working in Finance but will be exposed to a range of varied responsibilities to help develop their knowledge and skills. This will also be part of the Organisation's finance specialism with all the required support.
In terms of specifics, we work with budget managers to provide an annual forecast to Senior Management teams and Central Finance on a monthly basis, ensuring that transactions are accounted for correctly. As a team, we work closely with Senior Managers and have developed a strong reputation for delivering robust forecasts that are integral for management decision making. We also provide a central requisitioning team who raise and manage all requisitions required by the department.
* Meet monthly with budget managers to review transactions and forecast future spend. On an annual basis support budget managers in generation of their annual budget bid.
* Ensure that transactions and forecasts meet requirements set out by accounting standards and the services accounting policies.
* Monitor assets purchased and under construction and arrange for transfer to the Fixed Asset Register
* Report monthly forecasts to the Department Finance Manager Senior Management.
* Process all required accounting adjustments on a monthly basis, such as prepayments, accruals, recurring adjustments and one off journals.
* Manage requisitions and purchase orders to ensure that goods and services are delivered and that commitment generated in forecasts is accurate.
Strategic Thinking, Problem Solving and Judgement
Questions assumptions and considers a problem in context. The team is constantly looking to improve and develop better processes
Planning and Delivery
Set clearly defined, realistic objectives and deadlines. Monitor progress against controls and milestones. The forecasting period is time pressured, with the role requiring careful planning and prioritisation of tasks.
Communicating and Influencing
Provide comprehensive information to customers and Organisation leaders, inspiring confidence. Forecasting information issued by the Senior Management Team to inform decision making. It is vital that the information provide is accurate clear and concise
Working with others
Create and encourage positive working relationships. Within this role it is important to establish strong working relationships with budget managers and colleagues. This ensures that information generated is accurate and impacts on colleagues work are clearly communicated.
Previous experience of working in Finance essential