|Job Ref:||204647220||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£45000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:01|
My client, a well established construction company are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join their logistics department, based out of their head office, Canary Wharf.|
As a quantity surveyor you will be responsible for managing all costs relating to building projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures, seeking to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. You will need to be familiar with the statutory building regulations and any other industry and statutory standards and must adhere to these at all times. This role will require you to work from the office or on site therefore a wiliness to travel to sites is a crucial part of the role.
Managing Logistics costs on a wide variety of new building projects and structures, such as residential developments, sports stadiums, roads and bridges, schools, hospitals, offices and factories etc and your projects will be assigned to you by your line manager;
2. Undertaking costs analysis for construction and logistics work;
3. Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
4. Performing risk and value management and cost control
5. Assisting with the preparation of tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
6. Identifying, analyzing and developing responses to commercial risks
7. Assisting with preparing and analysing costings for tenders
8. Allocating work to subcontractors with approval of your line manager.
9. Providing advice on contractual claims
10. Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports
11. Valuing completed work and arranging payments
12. Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use
13. Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations
14. Updating and providing progress report to your line manager as and when required.
15. Attending team meet meetings and work with the team to achieving team collective targets and goals where required.
16. Participating in performance reviews and appraisals as required by your line manager.
17. Carrying out any administrative duties relating to your work effectively ensuring accuracy and expediency where necessary.
QS- JD - 2016
18. Liaising with clients at all levels ensuring that you represent the Company in a professional manner at all times.
19. Able and willing to travel to projects on sites when required.
20. Ensuring you remain updated as to any commercial, legal or educational progresses or changes that may affect your role as a QS and to report these changes or influences to your line manager.
21. Ensuring that your projects are well managed and your individual performance meets any personal performance plan, aims and targets in place.
22. Working with Contract and Site Managers to ensure that staffing hours on sites is checked against the S2K reports or any other formal time recording data/system before submitting requisitions to Clients.
23. Carrying out any other reasonable duty/task needed for the proper execution of your role and the needs of the Company as an when requested by your line manager