|Job Ref:||204647160||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rosyth||Address:||Post Code:||KY11||Salary:||£20000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:57|
This is an exciting opportunity for Graduate to work for a prestigious brand name that is responsible for key defence and service contracts across the whole of UK, the Additional Works Manager is a key member of the team implementing the Projects programme for a site, ensuring a high quality of output and on-time / on-budget delivery.|
Our Client is looking for an ambitious Graduate with a degree in a relevant field (Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Project Management etc.) with strong communication and MS excel & MS Project skills. If you have some hands on experience even better!
Key duties of the Graduate Construction/ Maintenance Works Manager include:
* Adhering to Government Regulatory and Statutory compliance with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
* Conferring with Defence Infrastructure to agree scope & priorities of work and reviewing management of Additional Works on a regular basis.
* Ensuring appropriate work plans and budgets are in place to achieve programmes and financial commitments, whilst meeting the changing operational need.
* Supporting and developing Supply Chain relationships to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks to successfully deliver Additional Works.
* Ensuring all documentation relating to Additional Works is completed and distributed and recorded in a timely manner
* Providing up to date details to Land & Asset Management Services.
* Leading the identification of risk and developing management processes containing appropriate measures to mitigate the impact.
Experience/qualifications (ideal but not essential):
* Demonstrable experience of managing and supervising staff in Project Management
* Leading an operational team to achieve KPIs
* Stakeholder management
* Management of costs, planning, directing and controlling activities
* Proactive performance management of Supply Chain
* Experience in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field
* Degree in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering related discipline or equivalent experience
* Current H&S and Environmental qualification at a management level (e.g. SMSTS)
* Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
* Chartered Professional of a relevant professional body (e.g. APM)
* NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent level qualification)
* Developed IT skills (e.g. Excel, Word etc.)
* Developed communication skills to influence and negotiate internally and externally across the business.
* Clear and effective direction, delegation and action
* Sound and timely decision making, implementing strategy and operational leadership
* Review and analysis of data to identify ensuing trends and implement best practise and lessons learnt
* Manage the implementation of compliance and H&S policy, ensure compliance with changing legislation, identify any areas of improvement to ensure best practise within area of remit.
Please apply today by submitting your CV for immediate consideration