WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA |
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, this full-time role provides first line IT support for WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff. This includes US employees and contractors working from branch and project offices as well as remote locations. The Service Desk Analyst will provide timely, customer-focused support of our IT Services with a goal of first line resolution of incoming incidents and requests.
• Adopt and embrace core ITIL processes (Incident/Problem/Request Fulfilment/Security) as implemented by WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff US IT.
• Provide first line support ensuring end to end ownership and resolution of incidents and requests.
• Properly log, categorize, prioritize and document all incidents and requests.
• Add to and improve the knowledgebase needed within the Service Desk to on empower all SDAs to meet the goal of first line resolution.
• Respond to and follow up on all owned incidents to maintain SLA compliance and ensure timely restoration of impacted users, systems or services.
• Understand and properly respond to Business critical incidents (Major Incidents), the implications to the Business, and ensure resolution of them with appropriate priority.
• Work closely with IT Service Operations teams to coordinate 2nd and 3rd line support and channel communications between the impacted user(s) and higher tiers of support.
• Use Problem Management techniques to identify incident trends and develop permanent solutions to reduce incident recurrence.
• Respond to, validate and assist in the fulfilment of approved requests for in-scope IT equipment and access.
• Use and maintain proper training on appropriate tools, including a common knowledge database.
• Maintain a strong customer orientated mindset, providing compassionate support and acting as a champion for the business.
• Meet or exceed all required SLAs and KPI goals.
Qualifications and Experience:
One or more of the following certifications is preferred:
• Previous experience providing telephone based technical support and/or desk side technical support.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Previous experience supporting mobile devices or with Mobile Device Management platforms (MobileIron, AirWatch).
• Previous experience with remote support tools (BOMGAR, GotoAssist, LogMeIn, Dameware, etc.).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Willing and able to work a standard shift to fall between the hours of 0800 and 2000 ET, Monday to Friday, and infrequently outside of these hours if requested.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation
• MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
• MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7
• ACMT: Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
• (Preferred) - College degree (AS/BS) in Computer Science or a related technical degree completed or in progress.