|Job Ref:||TUC00806||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Arizona||City:||Tucson||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 22:05|
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
With an average of over 300 sunny days per year, Bombardier Business Aircraft's Tucson Service Centre is surrounded by stunning mountain ranges and desert landscapes. As the largest of Bombardier's Service Centres, the facility services both Commercial and Business Aircraft, boasting over 1 million sq ft of total hangar space. Winner of several FAA Diamond Awards, Tucson will celebrate its 40th anniversary in 2016. Located at Tucson International Airport, the 247,000 sq ft Business Aircraft facility's dedicated team is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Centre has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Argentina (Military), Bermuda, Cayman Islands, China, Hong Kong, India, Mexico and Saudi Arabia.
In your role, you will:
• Encourage and promote a safe work environment by supervising a safety/security program which includes operation of support equipment, aircraft systems, 5S, general housekeeping and lean manufacturing. Ensure that regular established safety/security audits are conducted and discrepancies are addressed.
• Perform supervisory responsibilities for assigned employees and area(s), for example, time card and vacation approvals, PMP and 30/60 day reviews, opportunities for professional development and training, personnel decisions concerning hire, fire, disciplinary issues, promotions and salary adjustments, as well as employee schedules and leave.
• Serve as customer primary point-of-contact in daily communications, coordinating, and follow-up for items such as time/labor/material quotes, preliminary invoices, progress updates, customer approval and debrief on work packages, resolution of squawks, and warranty issues. Upsells additional work to Customer.
• Perform Project Management duties for multiple aircraft to include identification of potential risks and management of constraints. Price codes, work orders, reviews labor charges, builds, reviews, and delivers Pro Forma invoice to Customer.
• Execute and maintain schedule through aircraft delivery and follow-up. Monitor and oversee work flow to ensure work package is on schedule and within budget, including shop floor efficiency. Ensure that work is performed in accordance with Repair Station / Quality Manual, Site Operating Procedures and FARs.
• Facilitate status meetings with all departments and shops; update daily reports on status of aircraft and report to Operations Manager
• Support all teams (i.e. Quality, Invoice Analysts, Line Service, Materials) in returning aircraft to service after maintenance
• Assist and coordinate special programs (i.e., Smart Parts, ESP, MSP, Honeywell, and Warranty) with Planning, Invoice Analysts and Materials.
• Produce maintenance and other employee reports as assigned (i.e., IW72/CN41, shortage sheet/zoom, and payroll)
• Review, approve, and sign final customer invoice as needed, (i.e., review margin analysis, warranty negotiations, and revision of service orders (SVOs)
• Perform post work package activities, (i.e., customer follow-up calls, resolve customer issues after departure).
• Responsible for meeting or exceeding facility financial objectives on all projects. Issues and collects DPRs, reviews payment terms with Customer
As our ideal candidate,
• You have a minimum 5 years of experience in performing heavy/line aircraft maintenance
• You have a minimum 2 years of supervisory experience or 3 years of lead experience
• You have an A&P license or otherwise appropriately certificated under FAR Part 65
• You have working knowledge of applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, for example, part 91, 121, 135 & 145
• You have working knowledge of aircraft maintenance inspection programs for business jet aircraft
• You have working knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety rules and regulations as they apply to workplace safety and environmental aspects of aircraft maintenance operations.
• You have interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, all levels of management team, and other departments
• You have customer service skills necessary to modify communication, tone, and presentation to defuse crisis situations with internal and external customers and maintain mutually beneficial customer relations
• You have strong verbal and written communications skills
• You have the ability to Demonstrate strong leadership and coaching skills with the ability to develop people and build a strong team
• You have planning and organization skills necessary to plan, prioritize and coordinate workload of assigned employees within a multiple project setting
• You have computer skills necessary to learn and / or operate, word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation,
• You have a 4 year college degree - preferred
• You have previous experience in Project Management - highly preferred
• You have working knowledge of SAP and Pivotal maintenance transactions - preferred
• You have working Knowledge with ISO/OHSAS management system and resources - preferred
• You have basic acumen of Accounting and budgeting principles necessary to read and interpret profit/loss statements, financial reports, and meet financial objectives for assigned area and programs - preferred
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.