|Job Ref:||142713BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||New Zealand||City:||Auckland||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:44|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We address the complete spectrum of energy challenges, including clean and renewable energy, energy efficiency and carbon management, hydropower and dams, thermal, geothermal and wind power generation, and transmission and distribution.
AECOM has recently launched a new Project Management system, and with this has emerged a new role as a Project Management Assistant. This role supports Project Managers to manage their projects through the Project life cycle, and ensures accurate representation of the project within this new system, ePM.
Key tasks include;
• Assist Project Managers in project planning functions, establishing WBS and obtaining the necessary Delegation of Authortiy approvals.
• Assist clients with system set up of Clients and Projects and support development of project baselines.
• Ensure project is set up in accordance with SOX requirements.
• Support change management (scenario planning) and risk management (development of contingencies).
• Identify early signs of project deterioration and assist project manager in taking corrective action.
We are seeking an enthusiastic self-motivated individual who is able to demonstrate;
• Basic understanding of Project Management principles, such as Earned Value Management, Work breakdown Structure planning, Schedule Management and Scope and Change Management
• Ability to communicate initiatives, results, and analysis to project management
• Basic understanding of accounting principles
• Intermediate Excel & WORD
• Ability to manage a number of jobs and prioritise deadlines
• Strong communication skills oral and written both conveyed with conviction whilst being clear and succinct
• Ability to influence others in a fast paced changing environment
• Appropriate tertiary qualification
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.