Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM Shared Services
We support our employees globally by coordinating and managing the day-to-day operations of General Accounting, Human Resources, Administration, Marketing and Information Technology. We pride ourselves on ensuring we deliver the best customer service possible to our people while building trust and relationships with all of our constituents.
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Senior Marketing Manager for immediate employment. This position can be located anywhere in the United States or Canada.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
Pursuit Strategy, Development and Quality:
- Assigns, manages, evaluates, and promotes marketing personnel responsible for the production of marketing and business development requests, including statements of qualifications, proposals, presentations, and other marketing materials.
- Conducts work status meetings, logs and tracks status of marketing projects, provides status updates and reports through Salesforce and other communication mediums.
- Oversees the management of Salesforce information and assists with key reporting on business line's pipeline status.
- Responsible for ensuring staff are trained on AECOM policies, procedures, templates, and systems.
- Staff development, retention, and engagement.
- Leads the execution of key business line marketing and business development activities, including statements of qualifications, proposals, presentations, and other marketing-related deliverables.
- Works with marketing organization leaders to monitor work status meetings (as required), log and track status of marketing projects, and provide status updates and reports through Salesforce and other communication mediums to BLE.
- Accountable for the accuracy of business line Salesforce information, and assists with pipeline reporting as may be needed.
- Maintains knowledge of BD priorities for AECOM Americas as relates to the business line.
- On point for business line's must wins.
- Participates in and supports business line strategy as required by BLE, including participating in business line meetings, research, and preparation (as required) of quarterly leadership presentations.
Marketing Communications and Information Infrastructure:
- Manages key pursuits for the business line (major pursuits, alternative delivery, etc.) and assures pursuits are compliant with the clients' requirements; writes, edits, coordinates proposal content as may be required.
- Business line marketing teams are deployed on the must-wins and are responsible for interfacing/advising regional teams on business line pursuits.
- Participates in go/no-go decision-making process, offering insight based on business line priorities, capacity/resources, past work and/or submissions with the account, and assists with information; Involvement may also include documenting the go/no-go conversation in Salesforce.
- Business development support; produces credentials and other materials to advance client development.
- Leads and/or participates in pre-RFP proposal planning with capture teams and helps develop and apply the win plan, themes, and discriminators in marketing deliverables.
- Organizes materials for management review teams. Attends proposal review meetings, articulates rationale, and ensures compliance of marketing materials with client-defined requirements during review meetings. Manages the implementation of proposal and presentation revisions based on direction from review teams.
- Monitors (and coaches) to ensure high quality business line materials produced by the team in response to formal and informal client solicitations, including requests for qualifications (RFQ), requests for proposals (RFP), and for pre-solicitation efforts.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Proactively coordinates and collaborates with the marketing Multimedia & Messaging team and/or others as may be appropriate to guide content and participation for business line conferences.
- Assists with content for reputation-building activities including awards submissions, article placements, ads, and collateral and coordinates resourcing with the Multimedia and Messaging team.
- Provides guidance and coordination for key business line project photography needs, working with the business line and marketing Multimedia and Messaging team as may be required.
- Ensures that marketing personnel have access to and are trained in project types and markets key to the business line.
- On point for business line requests for reputation-building activities including awards submissions, article placements, ads, and collateral and coordinates resourcing with Centers and/or the Multimedia and Messaging team.
- Primary internal marketing contact on point for the designated AECOM business line.
- Liaises with the relevant business line and business development leadership to understand, communicate and support execution of the business line marketing strategies by the Marketing organization.
- Oversees a team(s) of marketing business line specialists to fulfill the business line's most important marketing needs.
- On point as business line expert for DCS Americas Marketing organization to assist with knowledge, training, initiative support and turbocharging key pursuits.
- Member of the DCS Americas Marketing leadership team: collaborates with the overall marketing team in fulfilling the business line's most important marketing needs.
- The position reports to the Marketing Director for DCS Americas with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Business Line Executive or his/her designee.
- Special projects as directed by DCS Americas Marketing Director.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing or a related field
- 8 years of related experience or equivalent experience
- A thorough understanding of business line offer and approach to the marketplace
- Knowledge of the business line content area; clients, projects, people, credentials, competitors
- A detailed knowledge of marketing procedures, work processes, and tools, along with evidence of past successful management of marketing projects and teams
- A thorough understanding of effective document and presentation production, and an in-depth understanding of proposal and presentation psychology and how to convey messages, themes, discriminators, and responses to evaluation criteria clearly and effectively
- Knowledge of AECOM's structure, businesses, clients, standards, business development practices and priorities, and principles of corporate conduct
- Experience leading distributed teams of people with demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and provide constructive feedback in a team setting and one-on-one
- A professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills
- The initiative, skill and personal commitment to manage multiple projects and details concurrently, delegate, follow up, and bring tasks and projects to full completion
- An understanding of pursuit protocol
- The ability to produce accurate, compliant and compelling work independently and with others
- Ability to assess and guide others in delivering effective proposals and presentations
- Organizational and administrative skills, including the ability to complete varied work tasks on schedule, and direct team work; the proven ability to manage documents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with CRM software
- Experience with desktop publishing software (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite), graphics programs (e.g., InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop), word processing programs (e.g., Microsoft Word), spreadsheet management (Excel), and presentation software (e.g., PowerPoint and Prezi)
- Salesforce experience
- Languages; Spanish, Portuguese and French
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.