|Job Ref:||204652835||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum BENEFITS||Post Date:||10/10/2016 02:44|
£50,000 - £60,000 (negotiable) + Car and Benefits
A national contractor, that specialises in remediation, environmental and waste management, is looking for a Commercial Manager to join their remediation team.
The remediation team specialise in;
* Cleansing of contaminated land
* Heavy metal remediation
* Removal and redistributing contaminated land
This is a permanent opportunity, however this is open to the right contractor.
The Commercial Manager will join a growing contractor, that currently has a head count of 60, in the commercial department and have a variety of day to day duties, which include;
* Monitoring the project pipeline, and working with existing managers on the commercial process
* Producing monthly cost reports for planned and current projects
* Working with wider team to ensure projects are completed and time and to cost, ensuring profitability
* Preparing budgets alongside the two MD's
* Managing, and growing the current team of 6 surveyors
* Ensuring all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations
This role will work with a number of professionals including; Directors within the business, plant hire and specialists, sub-contractors, consultants, clients and representatives.
Skills and Experience
Ideally the Commercial Manager will have around 3/5 years working experience, and;
* Be well versed in all forms of contracts
* Have negotiation experience
* Sound building and construction knowledge
* Hands on knowledge of the civil engineering sector
* A degree in quantity surveying (however a strong history in the sector will be considered)
The successful Commercial Manager will be offered a competitive starting salary of between £50,000 and £60,000 (this is negotiable), a car allowance and a full range of benefits including healthcare and pension.
The commercial manager will also be offered exceptional progression to director, as the company is growing rapidly.
For more information on this opportunity, or other opportunities I may be working on, please do not hesitate to contact me on (Apply online only) or email me