|Job Ref:||204652911||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum Depending on experience||Post Date:||10/10/2016 02:44|
Our client is a leading Local Planning Authority in London, and they are urgently seeking an experienced Planning Officer to join their large Town Planning team on a permanent full-time basis.|
We are looking for motivated Planning Officers with experience of evaluating the full range of minor and other applications. If you have the necessary track record of working with a Local Planning Authority and wish to broaden your development management experiences within an exciting London borough as part of a vibrant, flexible team, this will be a fantastic opportunity for you.
The role involves:
* Completion of delegated and committee planning application reports in accordance with the company's agreed Key Performance Indicators, including Residential Extensions, Lawful Development Certificates, Prior Notifications, Advertisement Consents and Changes of Use
* Effective commutation and negotiation with applicants and agents with regards to planning applications, planning queries and post-refusal advice.
* Working as a Duty Planning Officer for up to half a day each week, providing face to face planning advice on a range of applications.
* Using the Councils back office system to update applications, compile reports and record details of site visits and the evaluation process
* Updating customer enquiry database in accordance with key performance indicators.
* Attending monthly team meetings and weekly one to one case conferences
* Day to day liaison with team members, clients and interested parties
* To follow instructions as stated by Planning Services Manager
* To meet all daily, weekly and monthly KPI targets
* Ensuring a right first time approach by maintaining high productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
* To undertake any other tasks and duties within the scope and grade of the post.
The ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience in determining planning applications within a Local Planning Authority, as well as having a full driver's licence and access to use of a car for work. An RTPI or RICS qualification, or a degree in Town & County Planning would be beneficial for the role, but not essential.
If you are an experienced Planning Officer within a London Council and are looking for a excellent opportunity with a leading borough, please send through your CV for consideration