|Job Ref:||204652697||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Uxbridge||Address:||Post Code:||UB10||Salary:||£0 - £50/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 02:44|
Working on behalf of a local authority, Aatom Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a Development Manager (Housing) - initially for 6 months £50 per hour Ltd/umbrella for 36 hour working week.|
This is an exciting job opportunity to project manage and support the Housing Zone programme. The Council and the Greater London Authority have agreed to establish a Housing Zone for the Council which attracts public funding to boost housing delivery. This role reports to the Deputy Director of Planning, Transportation and Community Projects and will operate at a significant level within the organisation. You will be working within a complex metropolitan area at a time when Crossrail is being delivered together with a range of major regeneration schemes capable of rejuvenating this area. Supporting the aspirations of our community to help create an exciting and attractive physical and social environment. You will work across the Council's services including , planning, housing, property, tenancy management , urban design/heritage, transport and highways. You will be a key player co-ordinating the delivery of the Housing Zone Programme. This is a one of the Council's major objectives and you will be looking at effective and timely approaches to ensure the delivery of the Housing Zone outputs resulting in new housing for the Borough and its residents. It is a hands on role that will require you to maximise the available resources and funding, working with the Greater London Authority and third party landowners to achieve the delivery of housing.
To manage the procurement, planning and delivery of the Council's Housing Zone and associated regeneration programmes with a focus on delivering on time, to budget and in scope. In addition, the post holder will contribute towards the development of new projects.
Manage all project processes including the formulation of project briefs in consultation with end users (brief capture), project planning, procurement processes, commissioning of works, ensuring that contracts are in place, procurement and management of technical teams and contractors, change control, maintenance of project management systems, mediation to resolve blockages so that projects are delivered to scope, on time and in line with the end users requirements and funding rules.
Respond to an evolving work programme, subject to demand, priorities and unforeseen activities/events.
Support, demonstrate and propagate new ways of working and actively participate in implementing organisational change within the Residents Services directorate and across the Council as a whole.
* Manage projects within the programme, working across Council departments and with land owners, end users, contractors and consultants.
* Provide technical and project management support to a variety of projects ranging from low cost to multi million pound Housing Zone related projects. This will include drawing up project briefs in consultation with stakeholders, brief capture from end users, planning the delivery of capital projects, programming, procuring and commissioning work, maintaining project management systems, managing project budgets, mediating to resolve blockages within agreed project tolerances.
* Co-ordinate the strategic programming for the Housing Zone including the scope and delivery of estate renewal, community liaison and consultation
* Develop, maintain and review procedures and working methods tailored to the Prince2, RIBA, RICS and funders' methodologies, which are integrated with existing Council systems and are effective and efficient, maximising the use of new technology.
* The post holder will co-ordinate the production of planning, building regulations applications, consents and project briefs, Overarching Borough Agreement and Borough Intervention Agreements, reports, tender documentation, funding bids, review technical documents including drawings and work programmes, strategies, policies, design guidance briefs and budgets and provide concise summaries, options reports or recommendations so that all statutory requirements are adhered to.
* Develop, maintain and review procedures and working methods, which are integrated with existing council systems, tailored to the Prince2, RIBA, RICS and funders' methodologies and are effective and efficient, maximising the use of new technology.
* Implement change control procedures. Escalate significant changes in line with Council regulations and procedures.
* Present and analyse project information using MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, CAD, and MS Project
Financial & Resource Management
* To demonstrate cost-consciousness and identify any cost effective changes to own way of working.
* Seek value for money in all contracts with consultants, contractors or other involved parties.
* Working with the Corporate Procurement Team, ensure that solicitors, architects, project managers, engineers and other consultants essential to the schemes' development are appointed in accordance with the Council Standing Orders.
* Manage cost plans, working closely with the Finance team for budget monitoring.
* Track and control project finances in accordance with Council procedures, setting in place procedures for reporting and controlling expenditure.
Please forward CV for immediate consideration