|Job Ref:||204652913||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||West Sussex||City:||Worthing||Address:||Post Code:||NR20||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||09/10/2016 04:10|
This is an exciting opportunity to work as a Data Protection Officer, you will be responsible for all aspects of information law compliance within this growing business,reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer. |
Working with colleagues across the wider business, you will ensure that Southern Water handles information in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Data Protection Act (DPA), Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) and the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), and any related codes of practice and guidance. To enable this, you will ensure that the appropriate policy, risk, governance and compliance systems are in place at the business and its suppliers.
High quality information is central to the businesses success and therefore requires an approach to information management and technology that is reliable, innovative and flexible.
You will develop appropriate channels, management reporting and escalation processes between CFO, Head of Data (HOD), Information Asset Owners (IAOs), as well as other internal and external stakeholders.
You will work collaboratively with Communications and Legal teams to develop, deliver and maintain an internal training programme, guidance and advice on matters relating for all staff.
You will ensure that the business has in place a mechanism to manage any requests for information and you will be the primary contact for the ICO and will ensure that registration is kept up to date and managed registration and engagement with regulatory bodies (e.g. ICO) and represent the business at significant industry events.
You will work with the Legal/Procurement functions to ensure that information sharing with partners/suppliers is lawful and under appropriate information sharing agreements (or memorandum of understanding (MoU)). You will develop the incident and breach management and integrate with wider incident management processes and relevant regulatory authorities where appropriate. This will include working with the HOD, Legal and Communications team.
Essential skills, Experience and Qualifications Required for the Role
• ISEB in Data Protection preferably at Practitioner level.
• Significant work experience of performing a similar role, ideally with exposure to customer services organisations.
• Working knowledge of Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts, Environmental
• Experience of managing an information incident and breach management processes.
• Experience demonstrated in training staff at all levels of an organisation.
• Proven track record of leading and managing a team.
• Working knowledge of information management good practice and of ISO27001:2013.
• Preferable environmental Information Regulations (EIR) training and experience of it within the private sector environment.
• Knowledge and experience of Intellectual Property (IP) law (e.g. data handling, copyright).
• Ensures that own continuous professional development is on-going and own professional knowledge is up to date.
If this is the role for you apply today