|Job Ref:||bewi31114||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£ 40,000 - £ 45,000 per year, car||Post Date:||10/10/2016 00:30|
Technical Services Manager - Hard Services FM Provider - London - Up to 45K+ Car|
One of our major clients are currently looking to recruit an experienced Technical Services Manager to monitor contract performance and compliance to all hard services requirements across some of their most prestigious blue chip commercial contracts across London.
The Technical Services Manager will be responsible for managing all audits, production of action plans, and satisfactory closure of recommendations from the audits and the production of reports as and when required.
The post holder will have significant expertise in managing complex and high risk engineering systems in a manufacturing, industrial, commercial and healthcare environment and will use that experience to help drive up standards
They will also be responsible for managing the compliance files, carrying out regular random compliance audits to service delivery areas, arrange all insurance claims from receipt to completion and review quality and performance of contractors.
The benefits of the role are as follows:
* Salary up to 45k
* Car or allowance
* 25 days holiday
* Hours of work -8-5 Monday to Friday
The main duties of the role are as follows:
* All sites compliant with the requirements to have APs/ CPs, Controlling Managers in post and managing the services in accordance with the relevant standards.
* Clearly promote policy and procedures to ensure compliance with a range of engineering standards which include Legislation, ACOP, HTMs, British, European and International Standards and industry best practice etc.
* Ensure that the required standards are being delivered upon by the individual contracts and the supporting supply chain.
* To work closely with operational and other business teams to put in place the appropriate standards, systems, processes and ways of working to deliver excellence in engineering and allied technical disciplines, including mobilisation of contracts.
* Consider the use of technology/innovation to improve efficiency whilst maintaining standards in any matter relating to compliance across contracts.
* To provide subject matter expertise and thought leadership in the engineering and allied technical disciplines and provide high quality advice and guidance to the Operational Management teams.
* To keep up-to-date with the latest innovations and developments in engineering as they apply to the built environment and the provision of energy services.
* To provide technical assistance across a range of specialist disciplines.
* To be able to work closely with the operational delivery teams.
* Able to engage with clients and customers on complex technical issues
Applicants for the role must be able to meet the following:
* Relevant Trade Qualifications or Apprenticeship
* Educated to City & Guilds, ONC, or HNC level in either electrical or mechanical
* Preferably member of relevant Institutions
* Significant experience in a related Services environment (Manufacturing, Industrial, Healthcare, Education, Commercial facilities and environments)
* Sound knowledge and understanding of working in the M&E, FM and TFM environments
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc)
* Authorised Person Qualifications in Mechanical Disciplines or similar
* First Aid training
* Auditing Training or previous experience
* Accident and Incident investigation training or experience including report writing
* Permit to Work, Risk Assessment and Method Statement training or experience
* Understanding of Written Schemes of Examination
* Familiarity with relevant regulatory, legislative requirements and British Standards as applicable
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.