|Job Ref:||204653111||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£55000 - £65000/annum BENEFITS||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:57|
Commercial Manager/Operations Executive (Quantity Surveying)|
Birmingham - Midlands Based
£55,000 - £65,000 + Full package
A market leading environmental contractor that specialises in ground treatment, ground works, remediation and marine restoration, is recruiting for a commercial manager to build a new team due to a rapid period of growth.
The Commercial Manager will join a medium sized independent environmental contractor on a permanent basis (open to contract position), and help expand the quantity surveying team working on remediation and earthworks, with the main focus on heavy metal remediation. This team currently stands at 6, but this is going to increase rapidly prior to the end of the year.
As a commercial Manager you will be tasked with;
* Monitoring the project pipeline, and working with existing manages and directors on the commercial process
* Managing the current team, and expanding the team, to fit with current requirements
* Producing monthly cost reports for current projects, and projects planned for the future
* Working with directors and the wider team to ensure projects are profitable and completed on time
* Preparing budgets and forecast's alongside the directors
This role offers substantial progression to director level.
The right Commercial manager will have a background as a Quantity Surveyor, have working experience in the waste removal, remediation or earthworks sector, along with;
* A minimum of 3 years working experience
* Be well versed in all forms of contracts and the management of a team
* Have strong communication and negotiation experience.
This is the opportunity for a senior quantity surveyor that is looking for the next step in their career, or a commercial manager that is looking to join a rapidly expanding contractor that offers exceptional progression
The successful Commercial manager will be offered an excellent starting salary, and is open to someone who is looking for a long term contract, and a full package including car/allowance
For more information on this position, please do not hesitate to contact me on (Apply online only) or