|Job Ref:||204653094||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£70000 - £90000/annum Excellent benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:57|
JOB TITLE: Senior Quantity Surveyor - Civils & Structures experience|
Salary: £70 - £90K depending on experience plus benefits inc car/car allowance, bonus, travel, pension etc
RESPONSIBLE TO: Commercial Manager
Our client is a leading specialist contractor within the UK and Ireland providing civil engineering, construction, demolition, concrete frame and development services. They are in an exciting growth period in this team, currently undertaking a variety of large-scale projects with contract values ranging from £1m - £10m.
They are particularly going through an exciting growth period in their Structures Division - They are currently undertaking a variety of large-scale projects in Central London with impressive contract values - they have very impressive growth plans for the Division throughout 2016/2017.
About the Senior QS Roles (Structures):
Reporting to the Area Surveyor, the post holder will take commercial and contractual control of a number of on-going Concrete Structures & Civils projects. They are seeking an ambitious candidate who is not only a highly motivated team-player and relationship-builder - but a 'driver', who is actively seeking a robust Surveying opportunity with unlimited career progression and who can demonstrate the ability to pull both Senior and Junior teams together through collaborative working, as well as oversee other Surveyors.
• Managing costs on a wide variety of new building projects and structures
• Administer agreements between various parties on a traditional build basis as well as design and build
• Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
• Preparing early stage budgets and detailed cost plans
• Performing risk and value management and cost control
• Advising on procurement strategy
• Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
• Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
• Preparing and analysing costs for tenders
• Establishing and operating cost and financial control systems
• Allocating work to subcontractors
• Providing advice on and producing contractual claims • Valuing completed work and arranging payments
• Attend Client Meetings
• Attend sub-contractor meetings
• Produce periodic cost reports
• You will be expected to hold an appropriate level of qualification, a degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering / Groundworks
• Relevant and up to date CSCS card and excellent Health & Safety knowledge
• RICS/CIOB accredited preferred, but not essential
• Outstanding management skills and attention to detail
• To communicate effectively and maintain working relationships with colleagues and clients
• Computer literacy: Microsoft Packages, Word, Excel, Outlook. COINS financial software or similar.
• Any other duties as may be required by the demands of the role.
This client is a company committed to providing an environment within which individuals can develop to build a strong career and as such have excellent levels of staff retention. They strongly encourage applications from individuals who are looking to build a long-term career with an employer who genuinely cares about staff development and job satisfaction.
If this position is of interest and you possess the skills and experience outlined above, please attach your CV for the attention of Anna Maguire