We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Discipline Engineer to carry out the following duties:|
The skills, knowledge and experience expected of the Electrical Discipline Engineer will be as follows:
- Taking a leading role to produce and deliver the SER designs (and in particular the E&M Design) and all needed project assurance documents.
- May be required to undertake Electrical Services designs/assurance works on other LU Projects.
- Ensuring that the Electrical design is delivered to meet the SER Project design and construction programme deadlines.
- Provide assurance to the SUP Principal E&M Engineer on the design and contractors site installation works.
- Carry out technical review of Contractors tender documentation and Compliance Design submission documentation.
- Provide technical support and respond to technical queries from site relating to Electrical services.
- Manage the preparation/review of Handover documents i.e. MAID to APD
In order to apply for the Electrical Discipline Engineer role or for a confidential chat please submit your CV and contact details via this advert today.
- Minimum HND/HNC/HTC in Electrical or Building Services and Minimum 5 years' experience in similar type role
- Experience of managing Assurance and co-ordination of multi-discipline requirements with the development of E&M engineered solutions
- Previous experience of design stages of a project in multi site locations and within the Rail environment
- Experience of Working in railway environment and LU specific practices
- Experience of working in a Project with any of the following disciplines Signalling, Power, Mechanical, Civil, Premises, Fire and Communication
- Capable of writing, reviewing and accepting Electrical design & calculation reports and risk assessment report.
- Experience in undertaking risk assessment for Lightning Protection to BS EN 62305 and review of the Lightning Protection designs.
- Experience in writing technical specifications for lighting and power and design reports.
- Experience in use of Dialux and Amtech software for lighting and cable calculation.
- Knowledge of Building Services HVAC system is desirable.