Summary of Duties Provide assistance to the materials interface engineering team with the management of indirect material and non-signalling purchase requests for various projects within the Birmingham portfolio.|
- Take receipt of and co-ordinate project Purchase Request Forms from the various departments within the project teams.
- Liaise with the project requestors to ensure full and accurate completion of the request forms and to resolve any queries arising from those requests.
- Initiate and follow up Requests for Quotations (RFQs) for the required items/materials with supply chain, in order to confirm the relevant purchasing details to enable the onward processing of requisitions.
- Provide assistance to the MIE with raising 'Direct Requisitions' for Indirect or non-signalling materials items from the Spiridon (SAP) business system.
- Set up and on-going maintenance of paper and electronic filing and logging system for Material requests to enable tracking of purchase requests through to delivery to site.
- Assist the MIE with the expediting of requested materials via the project buyer, through the production and use of expediting reports.
- Attend construction and Project Engineering meetings as and when required.
- Ability to work Independently on own initiative, or as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Quick to learn and adapt to new software / business systems. Computer literacy and competent with Office Applications, specifically Microsoft Excel. and Microsoft Outlook
- Organised approach with excellent time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail.