Desirable competences / qualifications:
- Degree / post-graduate qualification in safety management or related subject
Project Marshall ATM Safety and Environmental Management SME (Band C1)
- SysEnv2 "Implementation of policy and procedures, creation of strategies and effective plans for environmental aspects of the MOD Acquisition Cycle" - Practitioner level
- Membership of a relevant professional body (e.g International Institute of Risk and Safety Management)
- Familiarity with Military Aviation Authority Regulatory Articles.
For assigned COTS Air Traffic Management (ATM) electronic equipment types engaging with MOD authorities, subject matter experts and contracted safety and environmental support as necessary:-
1) Equipment Level Assurances:
Conduct safety and environmental management oversight and assurance checks of contractor solution to applicable requirements & standards and compliance with contracted processes/Military Aviation Authority (MAA) regulation providing the key safety and environmental management interface between contractor and MOD authorities. In particular:-
- Conduct MOD safety and environmental management review of contractor design deliverables at equipment level.
- Conduct & coordinate MOD review of contractor factory test documentation w.r.t. safety and environmental management and advise on validity of compliance and safety claims.
- Where appropriate, witness factory tests and inspections of equipments and check contractor interpretation and documentation of results w.r.t. safety and environmental management.
- Assure equipment safety case claims via review of contractor provided Release into Service Expositions (RiSE) submitted and processed in accordance with MAA regulation. To include checks of claims and evidence for equipment design assurance & certification, software assurance, test evidence, interfaces and foundations/preparations for integrated system level design assurances and testing at later stages.
- Ensure that the contractor has clearly identified and articulated residual safety and environmental management hazards relating to the equipment that cannot be designed-out in order to inform site specific activities.
- Oversee contractor compliance with Acceptance and Commissioning Plan approach regarding safety and environmental management, including demonstration of system-level safety and environmental management targets and goals (e.g. where multiple equipment elements are required and / or where performance depends on network connectivity).
- Where relevant to safety or environmental management, support evidence needs for and actions from Equipment Acceptance Board (EAB) in accordance with MAA Regulatory Article (RA) 3134.
2) Site Specific Assurances for each increment of capability:
- Conduct safety and environmental management review of site specific compliance and assurances in contractor Site Design Review submissions.
- Conduct safety and environmental management review of contractor site acceptance test documentation and advise on validity of compliance and safety claims.
- Where appropriate, witness site acceptance tests and check contractor interpretation and documentation of results w.r.t. safety and environmental management.
- Where appropriate provide safety and environmental management input to Site Specific Acceptance & Commissioning Board (SSACB) in accordance with MAA RA 3134.
3) System-level safety and environmental management:
Support safety and environmental management oversight and assurance checks of contractor's work to integrate multiple equipment types into integrated system capability incl. enterprise-wide ATM architecture and network integration.
4) Provide advice on status, timescales and risks of assigned work in scope of these ToRs to inform programme planning, schedule monitoring, risk management, acceptance of contracted milestones and for payment purposes.
- SysSaf2 "Complies with the principles of System Safety Management" - Practitioner level
- SysSaf4 "Safety Risk Management" - Practitioner level