|Job Ref:||EMP375091||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Salary:||£25 - £35/hour||Post Date:||11/10/2016 21:29|
My client has an immediate need for an Assistant Structures Engineer to join their busy team based in Stevenage. During this project you will be heavily involved in the assessment and Inspection of Highways Structures,|
Tasks/Responsibilities as follows:
• Undertake scheme investigation, site inspections & investigation, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary/detailed design, preparation of tender documents and construction inspection/supervision & other activities.
• Prepare technical design calculations, drawings, reports, tender documents, specifications, designer’s risk assessments and other documents. Competently use specialist software.
• Agree delivery targets with senior staff and report regularly on progress towards milestones.
• Assist with the delivery of small to medium size highway structures projects with minimal supervision.
• Work in accordance with the clients systems and procedures, including those relating to SHE, project & risk management.
• Be a proactive and collaborative team member, work closely with colleagues. Fit seamlessly into a delivery team.
• Take ownership of own career development using relevant company procedures and undertake additional learning.
• Assist in the development of other team members.
• Contribute to the development of technical solutions at feasibility, preliminary and detailed design stages.
• Prepare sketches and drawings using AutoCAD.
• Contribute to technical excellence and innovation in the team.
• Ensure that your personal utilisation targets are met.
• Work collaboratively alongside other teams.
• Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
• Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Typical Skills/Experience as follows:
• A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline. Working towards Incorporated or Chartered Status of a relevant professional institution.
• Competency in Autocad.
• Experience of inspection, assessment, design and construction of highway structures to UK standards.
• Experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar consultancy business.
• Experience of relevant design software and standards.
• Fluent spoken and written English. IT Literate.
• Able to work under own initiative and to seek advice when necessary