|Job Ref:||EMP375031||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||Address:||Salary:||£22,000 - £24,000/year||Post Date:||11/10/2016 21:30|
Exciting and opportunity for a Trainee Planning Liaison Manager to join our client in Nottinghamshire, starting initially on a 3 year fixed term contract. |
Eligibility for Licentiate Membership of the RTPI
As Trainee Planning Liaison Manager you will assist the Principal Development Manager of the Planning and Local Authority Liaison team with the implementation and on-going review of the Authority’s strategy for planning.
Responsibilities as Trainee Planning Liaison Manager will include:
• Assisting with the implementation and delivery of the strategy for Planning and Local Authority Liaison.
• Assisting with the discussions with Local Authorities, Central Government, the Devolved Administrations, Elected Members and other organisations and develop the external relationships needed to implement the Authority’s strategies (including attending meetings and completing actions). To represent the Authority on matters of planning and public safety with these organisations and others at whatever level is necessary to resolve the matter as the Authority may require.
• The assistance and monitoring of the effectiveness of the Authority’s input into the planning system.
• Identifying risks and ensuring appropriate control measures are implemented and monitored throughout all work in the department.
• Identifying the opportunities for improving departmental systems and processes to obtain best value.
• Defending where necessary professional planning views and judgements expressed in the Authority’s consultation responses to Local Planning Authorities.
Essentially you will have a Masters degree or postgraduate diploma in town planning (or an equivalent planning qualification) with the eligibility for Licentiate Membership of the RTPI as well as demonstrative knowledge and understanding of the policy, legislation and the principles of the overall planning system.
This is a great opportunity to work on a range of interesting planning projects with all the necessary training and support.
To discuss this role further confidentially please call Michael Mustoe on NA4 or apply by sending your CV