|Job Ref:||EMP375022||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||Address:||Salary:||£34,000 - £37,000/year||Post Date:||11/10/2016 21:30|
A great opportunity has arisen for a Planning Liaison Manager with our client in Nottinghamshire to provide in house planning support for operational schemes and projects.|
Full Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
As Planning Liaison Manager you will be working in the Development team on Planning and Local Authority Liaison, reporting the Principal Development Manager for Planning. You will provide a professional lead and manage the programme to provide in-house planning support for operational schemes and projects undertaken by the Authority in the course of its duties to manage the legacy of past mining activity. As Planning Liaison Manager you too will play a key role in the delivery of the Development Department’s new commercial pre-application planning advice service to developers.
Responsibilities as Planning Liaison Manager will include:
• Assisting the Principal Manager with the development, implementation and delivery of the strategy, including effective management and monitoring of the Authority’s statutory consultation role with respect to development management and the development plan systems and identification of opportunities for improving departmental systems and processes to obtain best value.
• Leading discussions with Local Authorities, Central Government, the Devolved Administrations, Elected Members and other organisations and develop the external relationships needed to implement the Authority’s strategies. Represent the Authority on matters of planning and public safety with these organisations and others as the Authority may require.
• Represent the Authority on matters of planning and public safety with external organisations and others as the Authority may require both in relation to consultations on planning applications and in response to consultation on emerging development plans.
• Identify risks and ensure appropriate control measures are implemented and monitored throughout all work in the department.
• Supervising the contributions of appropriate technical and administrative staff across the Authority in relation to planning matters to ensure correct and accurate information is submitted to Local Planning Authorities in relation to consultations.
Essentially you will have full corporate membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute with recent private sector experience and demonstrative commercial awareness alongside a proven track record of delivering commercial work and meeting clients’ expectations. Previous experience in minerals planning is desirable but not essential.
To discuss this role further confidentially please call Michael Mustoe on NA4 or apply by sending your CV