|Job Ref:||TWMA-UKCR01180536||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Central Rivers||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 22:03|
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide. |
We are hiring a Field Maintenance Lead Engineer, b ased primarily at our Burton-on-Trent, Central Rivers location.
The role comprises leading a team of Engineers across Bombardier's DEMU fleet platform (Central Rivers & Etches Park depots) to deliver activities and projects to provide a safe, reliable and cost efficient fleet of trains, which meets the Train Operator's presentation requirements and complies with their Safety Case obligations. The role is approximately split 50:50 between Engineering and Management activities and will report directly into DEMU Field Maintenance Engineering Manager.
• Ensure that the team is resourced and organised adequately to deliver its key business objectives.
• Lead the development and delivery of engineering change to improve fleet/system reliability performance, reduce cost of maintenance & deliver customer variation solutions.
• Lead the identification and implementation of safe, cost effective, containments and countermeasures to identified product safety issues.
• Lead the planning and delivery readiness (inc. BoM's, work instructions & configuration) for scheduled maintenance activities, as defined by the Vehicle Maintenance Instruction.
• Ensure that the specified fleet maintenance regime is certificated, adhered to and complies with all relevant legislation, and associated limitations are effectively managed.
• Use engineering knowledge, problem solving skills, standard project management techniques and awareness of standards and the constraints of the delivery organisation to support, justify and manage changes.
• Support depot Operations teams in resolving arising fleet issues - this includes the requirement to undertake out of hours duties as part of an on-call roster.
• Ideally educated to Degree or Higher Certificate in engineering/technical discipline
• Chartered status or actively working toward chartered status (advantageous)
• Strong organisational, resource management and team development skills
• Strong engineering/technical knowledge of traction and rolling stock systems and maintenance policies/practices
• Strong project management and stakeholder management skills
• Experience in fleet maintenance or asset management environment
• Experience in delivering rail vehicle engineering change, including risk assessments and approvals
• Knowledge of rail industry legislation and safety case obligations
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people.
Posting date: 18.10.2016
Closing date: 17.11.2016
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37