the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Operations Manager, located in Hartford, CT. In your role, you will be responsible for the daily and overall operation of the aircraft maintenance department, to include schedules, budgets, personnel, and quality. May also include managing the performance of all aircraft maintenance activities for multiple line maintenance site(s).
Come Meet Us! Hartford Service Centre Open House
Bombardier Business Aircraft's Hartford Service Centre has open positions for A&P, Avionics, Structures and Customer Response (CRT) Team technicians.
In partnership with Aerotek, we are hosting an open house, including tours of the facility, resume reviews, and discussions on open positions.
Come visit the Hartford team on Friday, November 4, 2016, 10:00 am - 2:30 pm.
Note that identification will be required to attend a tour.
Hartford Service Centre
Bradley International Airport (BDL) Bldg 85-173
Windsor Locks, CT. 06096
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
- You have typically a minimum 5 years experience working in an aircraft maintenance facility environment with 1-2 years progressive supervisory experience for a substantial technical work force
- You have a Bachelors degree in related area or equivalent years of experience
- You have an A & P Certificate or otherwise certificated per FAR Part 65
- You have a working knowledge of FAA and Federal Aviation Regulations pertaining to maintenance programs and procedures
- You have a working knowledge of process improvement methodology and application
- You have accounting and budgeting principals acumen necessary to read and interpret profit/loss statements, financial reports, and meet financial objectives for assigned area and programs
- You have a working knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety rules and regulations as they apply to workplace safety and environmental aspects of aircraft maintenance operations
- You have verbal and interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and at all levels throughout the organization
- You have business writing skills necessary to create various reports and correspondence
- You have the ability to forecast labor and skill requirements
- You have presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade, and/or facilitate discussions with customers and all levels of management
- You have planning and organizational skills necessary to prioritize, assign, and coordinate workload of assigned area and employees within a multiple project setting
- You have leadership skills necessary to make decisions with sound judgment, train and mentor employees for improved performance, coordinate activities of multiple departments, and guide day-to-day operations successfully
- You have research and analytical skills necessary to collect, analyze, and interpret survey data, customer behaviors, and general trends within the applicable aircraft market
- You have computer skills necessary to learn and/or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, email, and web-based applications
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.