|Job Ref:||1618394||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||Illinois||City:||Chicago||Address:||Post Date:||10/10/2016 22:11|
Who We Are: |
ShopperTrak is on a mission: we are revolutionizing the brick and mortar retail world with innovative products that fuel their success. Our path forward includes active exploration of IoT, Computer Vision, Machine (Deep) Learning and other technologies. We believe this is a thrilling journey and providing clarity on our future and empowering people to do their best work is the key to our success. We are inspired by people who are passionate, curious and want to push the envelope on innovation. Around here, our motto is “build great stuff” that helps solve problems for our customers and great things will follow.
Who You Are:
You are someone who takes pride in your work, seeks order in chaos, and wants the opportunity to work with your like-minded individuals. You are a leader, not a follower, with an innovative spirit who wants to collaborate with a team of brilliant minds in our quest to build brilliant products.
What You’ll Do:
As a member of an Agile development team, the Quality Assurance Engineer will provide testing expertise for teams developing our suite of software products. These products range from web based applications to embedded software devices. As part of the Development Team, the SW QA Engineer will be working closely with Product Owners, Business Analysts, End Users, and the Developers to help create high quality products. Testing will include manual and automated functional, regression, load, performance, and system testing. Responsibilities include:
1. Actively participating in every stage of SDLC
2. Participating in requirements reviews and development reviews
3. Collaborating with technical and business stakeholders
4. Working closely with Developers to create appropriate test scenarios
5. Reviewing business requirements, functional specifications, use cases, design, and architecture documents in order to create effective test plans
6. Developing, modifying, and executing software test plans in both automate and manual fashion
7. Maintaining documentation of test results
8. Reporting and tracking defects through online tracking tool
9. Collaborating with Software Developers to determine the root cause of issues
10. Participating in Research and Development activity as needed to progress ShopperTrak’s new or improved products, processes, or formulas
11. Becoming an expert in system functionality
12. Improving overall QA process
13. Any additional duties as assigned
What You Need:
• BS in Computer Science or related field
• Must have experience with test automation tools (functional and/or performance)
• Experience writing, developing, and executing test plans
• Must have experience working with Agile teams
• 1 to 5 years prior experience as a Software Quality Assurance Engineer or equivalent.
• Understanding and ability to work on a variety of IT platforms
• Passionate about software quality, using open source technologies, and learning new things
• Understanding of OOP and Agile methodologies
• Comfortable breaking down complex requirements into testable pieces
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-starter and independent worker
• Team player
• Strong attention to detail
Impress Us With:
• Experience programming in any OOP language.
Benefits & Perks:
• Full, superb benefits plan including medical, dental, life insurance, short/long-term disability, transit benefits, and more
• Great 401k plan
• Amazing “Green” office with high tech vibe in fantastic location with superb views. We have writable walls, open collaboration zones and enclosed “I need to think” spaces with incredible tech tools
• Food and fun flows freely with bagel Fridays and monthly happy hours with nacho bar, tacos, etc. We also have regular offsite team building/fun events with bowling and arcades as a good example of how we chill
• Rewards and recognition are critical to everyone and we deliver with performance-based bonus, salary and recognition awards. We also have a Brag Wall, because we like to give a shout out when someone does great work
• R&R is important and we provide vacation, personal/sick, company paid holidays and 3 float holidays
• We love the community we live and work in with many charity avenues that employees can participate in to ‘give back'