Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM Shared Services
We support our employees globally by coordinating and managing the day-to-day operations of General Accounting, Human Resources, Administration, Marketing and Information Technology. We pride ourselves on ensuring we deliver the best customer service possible to our people while building trust and relationships with all of our constituents.
As the IT Support Analyst, you would provide 2nd and 3rd level technical support and guidance to Users on a regional basis ensuring all desktop / laptop systems, networked systems and telecommunication systems are functional and that agreed service levels are met.
- To manage and support desktop / laptop hardware and Business software systems within agreed SLA's.
- To plan, evaluate and propose improvements to desktop systems and provide extended support as and when required.
- Assist local network installation projects, including cabling and patching.
- Assist network server support and maintenance procedures.
- Assist in the maintenance and administration of telephone systems.
- Develop allocated primary skills in support of the Operations team.
- Assist in local project implementation, such as technology refresh and rollouts and project work.
- Respond to Helpdesk reported support calls via telephone/desk-side support and remote access assistance.
- To maintain the Helpdesk system, recording appropriate information for fault incident and fault resolution as well as new requests.
- Responding to Helpdesk reported change requests.
- Escalating support calls as prescribed by the escalation procedure and within the service level agreement.
- Carry out administrative duties; e.g. maintenance of user access rights, and distribution of consumables etc.
- Provide support to other regions when required.
- Seek continuing professional development and technology awareness.
- Deputise in the absence of the Regional IT Lead if requested.
Relationships, Teamwork & Leadership:
- The post holder may be exposed to sensitive information, e.g. personnel or financial records and must, at all times, ensure the confidentiality of this information whether concerning members of staff, AECOM business or Client business.
- Contribute and motivate the IT Operations Team.
- Attend regular team meetings to ensure technical and departmental issues are communicated effectively.
- Ensure that company policies are communicated effectively to all IT Staff.
- Provide a high standard of customer service, customer support and service delivery.
- Support the Business within the framework of the company's IT policies and procedures.
- Provide support and feedback to the respective Regional IT Lead.
- Maintain a good relationship between suppliers and external clients.
- Develop a good relationship between Central Services and the Divisions.
- Provide a motivated service and complete work efficiently and effectively.
- Understand your responsibilities and take direction on work priorities from line Managers.
- Work with line management to resource and balance work load.
- Maintain procedures and enforce their use within the department.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of AECOM's Corporate IT systems and working practices.
- Understand local Business and Stream IT requirements.
- Clearly communicate with staff / Clients as to estimated time to complete job tickets, maintenance windows and changes to systems.
- Attend frequent staff meetings either face-to-face or via telephone to identify priorities for daily, weekly and monthly work and project targets.
- Feedback through line manage issues and successes of IT support in the Operations team.
- Understand, enforce and communicate all IT policies and procedures to Staff / Clients.
Primary Technical Competencies:
- Keep abreast of new developments within the core technologies used within AECOM.
- Maintain a high technical skill set in relation to applicable technologies used within the organisation.
Personal attributes and skills required:
- Windows 2008 / 2012 Server.
- MS Office 2010 / 2013.
- MS Windows 7 Professional / Enterprise.
- PC hardware and software configuration.
- LAN infrastructure.
- Video / Voice Conference Support / administration.
- Active Directory Administration.
- MFP, PC Peripheral and Accessories installation / Support.
- Business software installation / support.
- Strong customer liaison skills.
- An organised and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of and commitment to Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities practices.
- ITIL Framework certified.
Minimum three (3) years' practical experience of MS Office products - preferable Microsoft professional qualification
Practical experience of Helpdesk systems within an IT environment.
- ITIL Foundation version 3 Certified required
- Degree or equivalent qualification MS Certifications (preferred) A N MCSA required
- MCITP (advantage)
- At least five years' hands-on experience of operating systems, with particular emphasis on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 / 2012.
- Strong PC hardware understand and competency.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.