Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM Shared Services
We support our employees globally by coordinating and managing the day-to-day operations of General Accounting, Human Resources, Administration, Marketing and Information Technology. We pride ourselves on ensuring we deliver the best customer service possible to our people while building trust and relationships with all of our constituents.
Member of the Americas Design and Consulting Services (DCS) Leadership Team, the position holder will lead all Marketing activities across DCS America, and report directly to the Chief Growth Officer, DCS Americas, with a dotted line to the VP of Global Marketing. This position can be based in any AECOM office in the continental US.
- Management and oversight of DCS Americas Marketing staff and professional development
- Developing best-in-class Bid and Proposal Strategy and Production capabilities to support growth across the Americas
- Managing teams across Business Lines and Regions to efficiently and professionally produce bid proposals, with a focus on Major Pursuits with Major Pursuits team
- Building and maintaining a Marketing network working across AECOM's broad Geographies, Regions and Business Lines to share best practices and support winning work
- Producing Marketing campaigns to support successful implementation of AECOM and DCS Americas growth strategies
- Overseeing Marketing communications activities including, awards, events, and collateral production
- Developing and maintaining consistent and up to date marketing systems, accurate pipeline data, and training of non-marketing staff on use of marketing systems, coordinated through the global director of marketing systems
- DCS Americas Chief Growth Officer with whom the position holder will support development and execution of annual strategic growth planning, use of data to develop strategic marketing strategies, the maintenance and improvement of marketing systems, and the seamless execution of bid proposal production
- VP for global marketing and the global marketing taskforce with whom and with whose team the position holder will collaborate to establish best practices, develop global campaigns with local relevance and execute delivery of major pursuits
- The head of Major Pursuits with whom the postholder will collaborate on ensuring that the key pursuits identified are given the appropriate support in terms of marketing, positioning and bid management
- The business line leaders in DCS Americas with whom the position holder will support and develop strategic marketing campaigns that align with the growth initiatives at the DCS Americas level
- Marketing managers for each of the business lines who are responsible for supporting the business line leaders on a day-to-day basis as they execute their strategies, use the marketing systems, prepare bids for submission, and coordinate with finance staff on data analysis and use to inform implementation of strategic plan
- Make AECOM the industry standard for excellence and quality in all aspects of Marketing Services
- Establishes and maintains a culture of collaboration, innovation and excellence throughout the America's CMS Group
- Establishes metrics by which success is measured for delivery, quality, service, and staff performance
- Drives transfer of high value-add or specialized content to all proposals, marketing materials and presentations to positively affect top line growth
- Serves as primary point of contact between North America CMS and Americas Communications (geography-based communications group)
- Defines team goals and objectives and aligns priorities for marketing resources, determines resource requirements and allocates execution responsibility to the appropriate and CMS leaders
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing professions or related
- 15 years experience
- Proven experience in business development, marketing and sales approaches and techniques for both traditional and alternative delivery of integrated solutions for both the public and private sectors
- Experience leading and managing teams of people with the ability to coach, mentor, and provide constructive criticism in a team setting and one-on-one
- Ability to work with leadership to support strategic planning initiatives
- Manage department budgets and workflow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master's Degree a plus
- Experience with Planning, Architecture, Landscape Architecture or Engineering industries and marketing in those industries
- Direct experience in delivering client services in professional consulting environments in a management capacity a plus
- Professional licensing a plus
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.