Reporting to the Estimating and Controls Manager, the Senior Estimating and Controls Analyst will be responsible for accurately estimating the cost of labour, equipment and materials for the supply and installation, as well as, responsible for the direction, preparation and documentation of work completion estimates for construction projects and also managing any associated risk for industrial piping / mechanical projects. |
- Core work focus - industrial Piping / Mechanical
- Analyzes documents, specifications, proposals, addendums in preparation for pricing.
- Performs any estimate related oral and/or written communications with clients.
- Reviewing project site prior to price preparation.
- Obtains input from Operations staff as appropriate.
- Performs quantity take-off from construction drawings where applicable.
- Obtains pricing from suppliers / subcontractors and incorporates into estimate.
- Formulates all costs for tender submission - labour, equipment, material, rentals and subcontracts.
- Accountable for accuracy and completeness of tender submissions.
- Oversees the distribution of appropriate documentation appropriately upon award of project.
- Stationed on major project as required.
- Tracks, forecasts and reports weekly on the financial and operational performance of awarded projects and provides data for month-end reconciliations.
- Manages Scope Changes as required.
- Coordinates invoicing / progress payment activities.
- Maintains files and correspondence on active and completed projects.
- Provide technical support to field staff.
- Collaborates with Operations to drive project success and learning
- Drives Estimating process / procedure compliance and consistency
- Performs Post Bid / Post Project Analysis completion and that associated learning and communication takes place
- Assists with Prequalification submissions, RFQ's and RFI's as required.
- Incorporates / complies with Aecon's risk management policies and procedures.
- Drives positive relationships and serves as key contact with Clients, Consultants and key subcontractors.
- Protects all forms of proprietary information.
- Maintains Estimating data systems to ensure they are kept up to date.
- Assists in the training of new Estimating staff as appropriate.
- Actively mentor less senior Estimators and support staff on an ongoing basis
- Monitor for market opportunities
- Provide support to field operations regarding mechanical estimates/IFCs.
- Work with cost codes, project productivity and project control systems.
- Lead RFP's - creation / submission / negotiation.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Diploma / Degree - Mechanical / Business
- Minimum 10 years experience estimating industrial Piping / Mechanical
- Skills allow for working independently with little supervision
- Prior Operational experience an asset.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and contract documents.
- Thorough knowledge of contract language / Terms and Conditions / Bonding etc.
- Thorough knowledge of associated industrial Building Trades labour agreements / working rules
- Good knowledge of job cost fundamentals and accounting / reporting.
- Self motivated with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills - MS Excel / Word / Project, Primavera and estimating softwares.
- Strong communication skills - oral and written.
- Ability to work accurately, effectively under pressure.
- Adaptable to flexible work schedule when required to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with others as a team.
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel as required.
- Professional Engineer designation (NA.) or Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS) an asset
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.