The Quality Supervisor is responsible for implementing the Quality Program as well as the supervision of the QC inspection team and ensures that product quality and associated documentation meet Code, Customer and program requirements. |
The position reports on quality and technical matters to the Vice President.
This is a 1 year contract opportunity, with possibility for extension.
- Implementing and maintaining the Quality Program manual.
- Compliance with all quality elements relating to the Z299.3 Quality Program.
- The QC team receives all required safety training and that they work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Supervision and support of QC Inspectors in all daily work activities.
- Training of staff and guidance in the performance of their duties.
- Ensuring timely inspections are being performed.
- Compliance to project specifications, drawings, and relevant code requirements.
- Physical & visual inspections of projects in progress.
- Interface with customer/owner and Code inspectors is provided.
- Accurate and timely documentation submittals.
- Feedback to QC Inspectors on performance of duties.
- Encouragement and coaching of employee(s) in order to foster professional development.
- Effective teamwork is promoted within the QC Inspection team.
- Support and assistance to employees in coordinating activities requiring the cooperation of suppliers, distributors and other divisions.
- Development and supervision in the preparation of job related documentation.
- Coordination of QC activities according to daily and weekly production schedules.
- Required periodic activities are performed including: cleaning and calibrating of equipment, providing testing materials, organizing equipment, and ordering supplies.
- Assist in developing Quality Procedures and Quality Plans based on the work to be performed.
- Maintain adequate records and assure adherence to guidelines and regulations regarding hazardous, safety manuals, accident reports, permits and emergency recovery plans.
- Perform regular field tours to check work progress and meet with project site personnel.
- Carry out site safety inspections.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly with project personnel and customer in both, a personable and enthusiastic manner.
- Methodical and organized approach to document and communications management.
- Liaise with Authorized Inspection Agencies (ESA, etc.)
- Participate in company-wide initiatives aimed at overall continuous improvement.
- Participate in compiling proposals for new work.
- Lead/participate in dispute resolution activities with union associations and governing bodies.
- Supervision of QC Inspectors and calibration of measure and test equipment.
- Review and approve timesheets, expense reports, vacation requests, and training requests, within Limits of Authority.
- Responsible for performance management of all direct-report employees, including: coaching/mentoring, assistance with career planning and training, preparation of yearly and mid-year performance reviews
- Ensure all project staff and direct reports understand and comply with applicable code of conduct policies (Aecon Group Inc. and customer policy)
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Post-secondary university or college technical degree and/or equivalent work experience. QA/QC or a related discipline at university or college level.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience in a QA/QC related field.
- Minimum of five years experience in a quality assurance role related to the electrical field.
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Electrical code/ASME Code / ISO 9001 and CWB experience
- Training in calibration methods and processes
- Analytical ability and effective decision making
- Situational awareness and effective problem solving skills
- Computer proficiency - Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Due to the nature of work performed by Bremar, owner mandated nuclear training and security clearance requirements must be met as a condition of employment.
- Site conditions - Elevated work areas, confined spaces, radiological work areas, general offices
- Prolonged period of standing
- May be required to climb into awkward locations to view equipment/product quality
- Eye examination required annually
- Extensive reading
Date Req Created
Duration of Contract
1 year, with possibility for extension
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.