Reporting to the Project Manager, the Engineering Student will be responsible for the overall day to day execution of the project at the required location. This is a 4 or 8 month opportunity beginning immediately at our project site near Fort St. John, BC.|
- Provide EHS leadership and promote safety culture to the project team.
- Assist with resolution of technical issues and concerns.
- Review/understand client/code specific requirements for materials, engineering, etc.
- Support the Project Manager with scheduling, planning and project loading.
- Support the Project Manager with project forecasting.
- Order materials and coordinate with material coordinator for delivery dates, etc.
- Responsible for assisting in change management and tracking all associated costs for extra work to the contract.
- Interface with client and/or client representative for day to day project information.
- Assist in estimate preparation and expressions of interest.
- Review and understand contract terms and conditions.
- Coordinate with functional leads to fulfill project requirements and timelines.
- Provide open communication with all project team members.
- Produce project reports and forecasting as required.
- Assist with project close out reports highlighting lessons learned and opportunities for improvement.
- Assist with any other tasks as directed by the Project Manager.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Working towards a technical degree or diploma related to Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering
- Between zero to three (0 to 3 years) of related experience.
- Proven organizational skills in order to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and employees, as well as with all functional departments.
- Willingness to continually learn and advance technical knowledge.
- Detail oriented and customer-focused.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Knowledge of industrial codes and standards.
- Must be able to work and travel to remote locations.
Date Req Created
Contract Start Date
Contract End Date
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.