Hourly Rate Bands £7.51 - £8.00 Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
A Cleaning Supervisor to work the night shift, is required to work on a busy train station based in Nottingham, NG2. You will be required to perform cleaning duties as well as cleaning all levels of the station when required.
Working 37.5 hours per week on various days. You must be fully flexible to work any 4 out of 7 days from 10pm to 6am.
Supervisory experience is Essential.
- Lead a team of cleaners during the late shift
- Maintain regular contact with the customer
- Deal with any issues efficiently and in a professional manner, referring to Site/Line Manager where appropriate
- Ensure that cleaning is delivered to the expected and agreed standards
- Provide technical training as and when required for all cleaning staff and liaise with Area Manager for additional training
- Monitor and review cleaning staff performance
- Advise Manager of any potential disciplinary issues as and when issues arise
- Take ownership of Health & Safety for yourself and others at work
- Ensure all Health & Safety procedures are followed and encourage safe working practices at all times
- Ensure that all cleaning tasks are carried out in accordance with the specification
- Ensure cleaning staff understand and work to task schedules
- Ensure the effective use of equipment and materials
- Monitor the use of materials and order stocks as necessary
- Report all machinery faults
- Ensure that cleaning operatives are working the correct hours
- Distribute uniforms, monitor standard of cleanliness and repair
- Ensure that machinery, equipment and cleaning cupboard are kept in a clean and tidy state
- Work bank holidays if they are on contracted days of work
- To use a time and attendance system to record working hours
Knowledge skills & experience
- Have previous supervisory experience
- Previous cleaning experience
- Be reliable and hardworking with a professional attitude
- Be able to work to a schedule on their own initiative
- Have good communication skills
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of over 80,000 people worldwide.