Requisition ID: |
Position Duties/Responsibilities (Indicate in more detail the functions of this specific position)
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
Develops, integrates and implements all aspects of project-related Environmental, Safety, and Health (ES&H) (including medical and industrial hygiene), processes, plans, procedures, systems, methods and policies critical to the success of ES&H. Ensures that complex requirements are properly interpreted by evaluating and applying appropriate ES&H principles and formulating scopes of work, plans, and methodologies suitable for achieving and maintaining compliance with ES&H requirements applicable to the assigned project.
- Overseas ES&H for all Brownfield activities.
- Completes tasks as directed by the Project ES&H Management Team.
- Manages ES&H team members within an assigned area.
- Develops and supervises the implementation of the ES&H plan for the project in accordance with established polices, systems, processes, procedures and methods, client and/or host country requirements and regulations
- Coordinates inspection tours of regulatory compliance officers who are auditing the project / facility for compliance with government ES&H requirements
- Stops work in dangerous situations or conditions having imminent adverse ES&H impact. Stipulates acceptable work practices that are to be implemented before the work can be resumed
- Participates in meetings with customers, project team members, and contractors/subcontractors to advise of project-specific mitigation plans, ES&H training program, and technical reports.
- Supervises the operation of the medical/first aid treatment facilities Interprets applicable ES&H standards and supervises their integration into projects and facilities processes and procedures
- Supports the Project PBS Program and other relevant ES&H Programs.
Prior practical work experience in office settings (e.g., managing safety and health programs, budgets and staff) and field locations (e.g., construction execution and/or operating facilities) performing the responsibilities listed above.
- Advanced knowledge in a field of science, process engineering, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of safety procedures, engineering systems, principles, and methodologies.
- Knowledge of national and international safety laws/regulations and regulatory agencies' processes and responsibilities, industry standards/practices for safety and health compliance, and best management practices for minimizing potential safety risks during project execution.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction systems, methods, and work processes.
- Knowledge of construction planning, estimating, procedures, and execution.
- Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of safety and/or health subcontractors or consultants.
- Experience in safety inspections/assessments during construction.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials and physical risk exposures and Personal Protective Equipment standards as well as People Based Safety processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of Bechtel's organization structure, functions, and administrative procedures.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of Bechtel standard computer applications.
- Bachelor of Science degree in the sciences (e.g., biology, chemistry, physics, public health) or mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
Flexibility in work location and Arabic speaking is preferred. Good knowledge of software applications, creating spreadsheets with mathematical functions Bachelor of Science degree in the sciences from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience. Experience in establishing overall HSE Management Systems/Standards for EPC Contractors to align too. Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of HSE Advisors and/or contractors or consultants Experience in working on-site preferably as a HSE Lead role in Bechtel and, in particular, with multi-national work teams. Working alongside the Client establishes a leadership position in the areas of HSE. Sets strategic direction. Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of HSE Advisors and/or contractors or consultants Experience in safety inspections/assessments during construction. Knowledge of hazardous materials and physical risk exposures and Personal Protective Equipment standards as well as People Based Safety processes and procedures.
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.