|Job Ref:||CA_38459||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Liverpool||Address:||Post Code:||L13||Post Date:||27/10/2016 01:04|
Purpose of Role
Senior Quantity Surveyor required to commercially support the extension to the Main Stand at Liverpool Football Club's, Anfield stadium (£75m project), which will add 8,500 seats to the sporting venue taking its capacity to 54,000.
Post holder will be reporting to Project Quantity Surveyor and manage a team of Quantity Surveyors onsite.
Key responsibilities will include managing significant and complex trade packages of a value of up to £5m (Envelope & Fitout) on major schemes across the North West.
• minimum 5 years of experience in quantity surveying role
• experience within building sector working on large scale leisure/catering projects essential
• Integrate with Work Winning teams, where required, and assist in the delivery of tenders.
Responsible for developing, implementing and reviewing effective commercial practices within a project
• Timely and accurate applications for payment compliant with the contract, Housing Grants
Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 if appropriate.
• Ensure Cash Management is effected.
• Maintaining Risk Management processes and procedures.
• Ensure proper and timely notification of Contract or Insurance events.
• Contractual correspondence
• Preparing accurate and prudent cost /value analysis.
• Budget preparation
• Approving Interim and Final account measurement
• Approving Pricing and Rating variations
• Obtaining appropriate Extension of Time Management, interim and final account agreement of subcontracts
good quality and accurate records are kept
• Drafting Claims (where appropriate) for approval prior to submission
• Maintenance of cost control systems for demonstration to clients (where required)
• To produce Project Procurement Strategy Documentation
• To produce Project Value Enhancement Plans.
• To ensure the effective performance management and development of his/her direct reports, and the
effective organisation of everyone within the commercial activity on the project
• To assist in the provision of a commercial appraisal of a project for external audit purposes..
Additional Role Information
• Company vehicle & fuel card
• 26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
• BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family)
• Pension Plan
• Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands