|Job Ref:||CA_38432||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Salisbury||Address:||Post Code:||SP2||Post Date:||13/10/2016 01:05|
Purpose of Role
The unique Defence contract worth £400m provides modern, high quality, fully serviced and purpose built living and working accommodation being provided by Aspire Defence, a joint venture between Carillion and KBR.
Carillion handles facilities management for the Army garrisons across Salisbury Plain and at Aldershot and is delivering a construction and refurbishment programme of offices, technical buildings, dining centres, messes and community facilities as well as more than 11,000 single ensuite bedrooms.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will commercially support the team with:
• providing contractual advice, determining risks, maximising opportunities
• identification of risks and opportunities and evaluation of options
• maintaining a robust and consistent change control processes on the project
• budget preparation
• pricing and rating variations and compensation events.
The ideal candidate will have an experience in similar role within Construction sector and also have knowledge of trade packages and managing lump sum contracts.
Experience within Defence sector would be beneficial.
The role is subject to security clearance.
• Integrate with Work Winning teams, where required, and assist in the delivery of tenders.
Responsible for developing, implementing and reviewing effective commercial practices within a project
• Timely and accurate applications for payment compliant with the contract, Housing Grants
Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 if appropriate.
• Ensure Cash Management is effected.
• Maintaining Risk Management processes and procedures.
• Ensure proper and timely notification of Contract or Insurance events.
• Contractual correspondence
• Preparing accurate and prudent cost /value analysis.
• Budget preparation
• Approving Interim and Final account measurement
• Approving Pricing and Rating variations
• Obtaining appropriate Extension of Time Management, interim and final account agreement of subcontracts
good quality and accurate records are kept
• Drafting Claims (where appropriate) for approval prior to submission
• Maintenance of cost control systems for demonstration to clients (where required)
• To produce Project Procurement Strategy Documentation
• To produce Project Value Enhancement Plans.
• To ensure the effective performance management and development of his/her direct reports, and the
effective organisation of everyone within the commercial activity on the project
• To assist in the provision of a commercial appraisal of a project for external audit purposes..
Additional Role Information
• Company vehicle & fuel card
• 26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
• BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family)
• Pension Plan
• Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands