|Job Ref:||204656479||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum + car or car allowance + benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:32|
Quantity Surveyor - Civil Engineering - Highways maintenance|
£35,000 - £45,000 (depending on experience) + car or car allowance + pension + health care and other employee benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for a specialist highways maintenance main contractor delivering upgrades, improvements and maintenance on a prestigious framework based in London. The framework, formed to maintain and improve the road network on behalf of TFL, includes both planned and reactive maintenance works as well as capital improvement schemes. As a Quantity Surveyor working as part of the existing team, your daily responsibilities will include:
* Procurement of subcontractors and negotiation of contracts.
* Management of subcontractor accounts.
* Input into compilation of monthly reports.
* Regular cost reports to Senior Quantity Surveyors.
* Dealing with early warning notifications.
* Administration of contracts.
* Producing cost value reconciliations and monthly forecasts.
* Change management.
* Dealing with claims and final accounts.
* Highways experience is essential (e.g. new road construction / maintenance / road improvements) having worked for clients such as Highways England / Transport for London / Local Authorities etc.
* Experience on term maintenance contract(s) would be hugely beneficial.
* NEC contract experience is essential
Progression and career opportunities
There are excellent opportunities for career progression within the company for the right candidate based on performance (rather than time served). My client is involved in a range of major civil engineering projects across transport and infrastructure both directly and indirectly through the parent companies.
You must be eligible to live and work in theUKto apply for this position.
If you are interested in applying for this role please forward your CV to and call to discuss your application on (Apply online only) / (Apply online only)