|Job Ref:||204654899||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Crawley||Address:||Post Code:||RH10||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:33|
Senior Quantity Surveyor - General Works|
Kier Construction Southern is looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor working on new build and refurb projects up to £4 million. You will be working on construction projects in the retail, office, health, commercial or education sectors. You will be joining our Crawley team who cover projects in Surrey and Sussex.
* To manage the commercial resources (finance) of the assigned project (or section) to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts.
* To assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement Kier Group's policies for risk management.
* To support the authorisation and submission of project variations. To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders.
* To maximise cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers.
* To implement all of Kier Group's policies including those for SHE and risk management.
* To promote Kier Group's values towards its customers in order to meet or exceed their expectations
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Holds the relevant qualifications (Degree or HNC in Quantity Surveying desirable)
* Experience within a similar role
* Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
* Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
* Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
* Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
Kier Group plc is a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate (globally) across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a head office at Tempsford Hall in Bedfordshire and a network of 88 UK offices (105 globally) Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, with a turnover of over £4bn and an order book of £9.5bn, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service (or asset management) contracts in the country.
For more information visit (url removed)
Kier is an equality and diversity employer