|Job Ref:||204654935||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:33|
Senior Site Manager|
Kier Construction Southern is seeking a Senior Site Manager to join the team in Southampton. The main purpose of the role is to efficiently supervise and manage the construction activities to meet the project objectives, ensuring all activities responsible for, are carried out in a Safe and Efficient Manner. Ensure that activities are planned and monitored in a way that supports the project objectives and reflects 'Best Practice'. Kier Construction Southern cover new build construction projects in the Health, Education, Office and Retail sectors with values up to £50 million.
* Support the Kier Construction initiative to target 'Zero Defects' at completion.
* Responsible for own housekeeping and for observing health,safety and fire procedures in accordance with Company policies.
* Responsible for the awareness; adherence and maintenance of Health and Safety regulations in accordance with statutory regulations and implementation of the Kier H&S Management and red top documentation.
* Instigate, control and run projects from contract award to handover within budgetary constraints.
* Ensure Appropriate Records are maintained throughout the Project Period and are suitably registered for Archive Purposes.
* Demonstrate a good level of financial/technical knowledge in meeting the business and customer objectives.
* Be aware of the production, on-going analysis & mitigation of project risks.
* Assist with the production of short term programmes.
* Maintain a good level of understanding of construction techniques, problems and solutions, and work closely together with Site
* Technical Staff to review and develop appropriate techniques and cost effective solutions.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Holds the relevant qualifications (i.e. management qualification at NVQ level 3 or equivalent)
* Previous industry experience
* Proven experience in the management and development of employees and teams
* Flexible with working hours and have the ability to travel within the local area on a regional and national basis when required
* Ability to take ownership and solve problems and implement actions
* Commitment to customer care and customer focus
* Awareness of operative skill areas other than primary trade
Kier Group plc is a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate (globally) across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a head office at Tempsford Hall in Bedfordshire and a network of 88 UK offices (105 globally) Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, with a turnover of over £4bn and an order book of £9.5bn, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service (or asset management) contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer