|Job Ref:||204654953||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||The Hyde||Address:||Post Code:||LU2||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:33|
This key position involves CAD design work on new build and refurbishment projects for architectural manufacture, windows and curtain walling.|
Close liaison with architects and contractors will be required and you will work in a small team where close attention to detail is paramount.
• Attendance at handover meetings to review/discuss the project and identifying particular design requirements including clarification of the scope of works;
• Produce working drawings/design in accordance with the specifications received from the customer and amendments raised with contracts/estimating departments;
• Ensuring drawings are within estimated budgets and that there are clearly defined methods of construction - setting out requirements and materials used;
• Ensuring that any relevant project information received from the customer is appropriately transmitted within the company;
• Producing and maintaining the contract design file;
• Submitting designs for internal review and discussion and then on for client approval;
• Supervising and monitoring the issue of drawings and other design information by trainee draughtspeople ensuring adherence with the relevant processes and procedures;
• Assisting with the compilation of a Project Design Programme;
• Providing technical calculations and, where appropriate, the commissioning of a structural engineer to produce supporting structural calculations in line with the Design Programme;
• Ensuring all calculations are produced to meet the manufacturer's delivery dates as appropriate;
• Produce as necessary schedules for procurement of materials in line with the design programme and in sufficient time to allow for internal review and checking procedures to meet manufacturers delivery dates;
• Attending weekly team meetings with an update on design progress issues/RFI's etc;
• Working within a company CDM design procedure;
• Liaising with clients to proactively deal with any discrepancies within project documentation/specification and arranging meetings as necessary;
• Regularly liaising with other departments, Buying, Estimating, Quantity Surveying, Production and Site Teams;
• Advising contracts/estimating of any potential internal or external variations to the contract;
• Chasing and requesting of outstanding information from clients;
• Assisting with site surveys of existing and new buildings;
• Producing flashing schedules, procurement schedules and fixing lists.
The successful applicant must ideally have a proven track record in the Architectural Glazing, Aluminium, Doors, Windows or Curtain Wall sector. Experience in cladding systems desired. Experience of using a computer aided design software package on a daily basis (ideally AutoCAD Light) is essential. BIM/3D AutoCAD experience desired.
Salary is dependent upon level of relevant experience