|Job Ref:||204654998||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hemel Hempstead||Address:||Post Code:||HP2||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:33|
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor based in Hemel Hempstead for the UK's largest independently owned fire-engineering company. For over 28 years, they been at the forefront of protecting people and property from fire.
• To manage and provide the necessary commercial, financial and contractual support required for key projects.
• To Work with the Project Management and Sales teams, assisting in the co-ordination of quotations and proposal development, including pre-tender site surveys.
• Creation of project work schedules, budgets and cash flow forecasts.
• Procuring materials & services and negotiating with subcontractors.
• Review contractual documentation; assist Project Managers with commercial and contractual matters.
• Manage the cash flow on the project; prepare financial information for Directors and Project Managers and manage financial variations.
• Ensure all contract control activities are carried out and updated/amended as necessary.
• Accurately record and process related documents and records.
• Build and maintain customer confidence
• Develop an understanding of the full range of products and services offered.
• Be familiar with all relevant standards and codes of practice.
Skills & Experience:
• You will have at least four years experience in managing commercial work with a Contractor or sub Contractor in the Construction Industry, preferably but not essentially within the Mechanical & Electrical Sector.
• This will ideally be supported by an appropriate qualification.
• Amongst your personal qualities, you will have a high level of commitment, expertise and flexibility.
• You will also possess the ability to negotiate contract claims with customers and suppliers and manage risk associated with the Company's contracts.
• In addition, you should be physically mobile as you will need to undertake short visits within the UK and therefore a current UK driving licence is necessary.
• High levels of energy, self-motivation and self-sufficiency.
• Organised and highly methodical.
• Strong commercial experience and business acumen.
• Detail conscious but able to understand and contribute to the bigger picture.
• Personable with good negotiating skills.
• Possess strong customer and quality focus.
• Resilience, determination and enthusiasm.
• Credibility, both individually and as a member of the client facing team.
• IT literate with good numerical reasoning skills.
• A capacity to work within a dynamic, volatile and highly competitive market