|Job Ref:||204658643||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wisbech||Address:||Post Code:||PE13||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:33|
Our client is seeking an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their team.|
The role is to become an integral element of the operations team and assist the Contracts Manager (CM) with both planned contracts and one of projects, ensuring all of the commercial requirements are met in a timely basis and to an exemplary standard.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
Planned Maintenance & One off projects
- Assist in the production of cost summaries for monthly review, via contract costing systems.
- Produce monthly valuations, from operative work packs.
- Maintenance of financial excel spreadsheet to accurately monitor the value of works completed
- Calculate works in progress values.
- Liaise with internal stores for material stock values.
One off Projects
- Assist with the CM to disseminate future main contract tender enquiries and ensure the company's priced submission is in-line with tender requirements and highlighted risks.
- Production of procurement schedules, tender enquiries and subsequent tender analysis
- Production of Subcontract orders for review by the CM.
- Regularly site visits to undertake accurate measurements off on-site works and agree S/C interim valuations, in liaison with contract supervisor`s.
- Assisting the CM to produce Final Accounts and settle S/C claims
- Update the Surveyors report periodically for review at the monthly meetings
- Liaise with the Client, Architect, Engineer, CDM Coordinator and Employers Agent as required.
- Assist the CM to produce timely and accurate valuations
- Assist the CM to ensure financial targets are achieved on each project under your management
- Attend all meetings i.e. design team, client, progress, cluster etc
- Assist the CM to produce accurate cash flows on each project, when required.
- Assist the CM to produce Cost and Value Reconciliations for review by the Commercial Manager.
- Liaise with Accounts department when required.
Educated to A level or equivalent on a construction related course
HNC/HND surveying qualification.
A member of a professional organisation
- Commercial/Financial experience i.e. understanding of/ability to use rates and prices together with information/quantities to create £values
- You will have a thorough understanding of delivering Planned Maintenance and one off projects to the social and private clients.
- Basic knowledge of different forms of contract
- Ability to review enquiries with regards to risk and opportunities.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- First rate communication skills and ability to work within a dynamic team environment
- Can demonstrate a flexible, honest and hardworking attitude
- Computer Literate including excellent knowledge of all MS Office package
This role would suit a recent graduate or someone with a few years experience of cost management and valuations who is looking for development and to progress their career