|Job Ref:||204655581||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Lancaster||Address:||Post Code:||LA1||Salary:||£27000 - £29000/annum car/car allowance, pension, bonus||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:33|
Assistant Site Manager Opportunity working on a £9million contract working in Lancaster for an established and reputable regional contractor.|
With 130 years in the construction industry, providing services to the health, education, housing, custodial and public sectors, as well as a diverse range of commercial and industrial clients in the private sector. This company prides itself on excellent staff retention, and has a senior management structure that goes back decades, which just shows how they provide the right level of support, structure and process and when it comes to expanded their already successful and thriving business.
As an Assistant Manager, this role will see you start your career on a £9million external works project in the education sector. These works will consist of; paving, structures, canopies, walk ways, drainage and hard & soft landscaping. There will also be demolition of existing canopies and paving etc. Once this 18 month scheme has met its completion date, you will then have gained the skills, knowledge and further experience of working in a live site based environment, preparing you to take on your next project in mainstream Site Management.
The programme will see you liaising with a highly skilled team which have been put in place for this project. This will consist of a Senior Project Manager, who you will solely report in to, as well as a Site Manager, Planner, QS and Engineer.
The remit and function of your responsibilities and duties, will encompass specific areas as well as assisting with the day-to-day activities in the proposed areas for the works.
* You will be taking off drawings of specific phases, which will see you working closely with the Planner. Depending on your skills and experience, you can either print off the drawings and make manual sketches to the drawing based on the specific phase, or make your sketches directly to the software. Once you have made any specific adjustments/amendments to these drawings, it will be down to you to communicate with the Site Manager to highlight this so that these works can be carried out.
* It is vital that you conduct a survey, so that you can frequent yourself with the layout of the grounds for which these external works are going to be carried out on these phases.
* As someone who understands the importance of bio diversity, you will be supporting the team to deliver the aspirations of the clients BREEAM requirements. So a good level of communication and reporting skills will be required for this area of the project. For example reading assessments and carrying our cross comparisons, should any of the materials or plant used need to be reevaluated so not to affect the grounds, wildlife and environment for example.
* As you will be not only liaising with various disciplines on the project, it is vital that you ensure that you keep an open line of communication with the client. For example an appointed representative, Facilities Department, Health & Safety Manager and Fire Officer.
Skills & Experience
* Minimum 12 months experience of working in a live site environment
* Good written and communication skills
* Client focused
* First Aid
* HNC/HND desirable
Are you an Assistant Site Manager looking for your first step on the career ladder? If so please apply with an updated CV to me in confidence or for an informal chat call me on (Apply online only)