|Job Ref:||204659130||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hatfield||Address:||Post Code:||DN7||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:34|
Site Manager - New Build Housing - Hatfield |
Position: Site Manager - Housing - New Build
Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Salary: To £55,000 + Package
Site Manager required by leading residential contractor to manage the build of 22 traditional build apartments reporting to a visiting Contracts Manager.
Company Overview: Our client is a leading main contractor delivering mixed tenure new build developments to Local Authorities, ALMO's and RSL's as well as developing land-led opportunities for both the open market and affordable housing.
They deliver high end complex family homes within the northern Home Counties and promote offsite manufactured and modern methods of construction where possible.
Project: 22 traditional build apartments. This project is being built on behalf of leading RSL (Registered Social Landlord) and is due to start shortly.
Position: We require a Site Manager to manage the project from inception through to final handover and be fully responsible for all day to day site activities.
Duties will include:
• Day to day management of construction activities in order to maximise profitability and client satisfaction whilst ensuring programme, Health and Safety and Quality Control are upheld to the highest of standards at all times.
• Implementing and maintaining SHE procedures
• Co-ordination of Subcontractors H&S ensuring RAM's are in place prior to setting to work.
• Awareness of the Procurement Strategy supporting with PM/QS in monitoring procurement acting as required to ensure the timely appointment of subcontractors
• Attendance as required at Pre-contract meetings with Subcontractors.
• Regular monitoring of progress assisting the Contracts Manager in reporting progress and managing works to the contract and target programmes.
• Short term programming.
• Review Construction drawings for build ability and compliance ensuring flow of all latest information to the supply chain.
• Support and assist in negotiations and orders with Utility Companies to ensure timely installation of all incoming services
• Sub-contractor pre-commencement meetings, progress meetings and recording including minutes
• Works quality inspections & checks
• Complete necessary take offs for ordering of materials as required
• Commercial awareness - understand the commercial situation and strategy.
• Awareness of the Project Profit Plan and your role in implementing this. Know the prelims budget and manage expenditure on the likes of site set up and consumables accordingly.
• Good communication skills with a particular focus on Customer service.
Individual: You will have a good track record of delivering new build housing schemes, preferable traditional build.
Our client are seeking a confident and driven candidate who is able to self-motivate and take pride their project.
In return, an excellent salary is on offer with a structured bonus.
Long term future work is guaranteed