|Job Ref:||204659734||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£NEG Negotiable||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:34|
A superb opportunity has arisen with one of the UK's leading construction groups. They have helped to shape the world around us and today they are at the forefront of the construction industry-their focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with their customers, employees, supply chain and communities they work in. Their involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures their employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.|
They are currently recruiting for a design manager to be based on projects in the Birmingham region:
As a Design Manager, you will have responsibility of the Design function across all build projects.
* Procure in a timely manner non design consultant's scope of services i.e. Ecology, Arboricultural, Archaeological and liaise with them to procure information to discharge planning conditions.
* Monitor the discharge of planning conditions assisting the architect in the provision of information where necessary.
* Coordinate consultant, sub-contractor and supplier design information to ensure the flow of information allows for coordinated design by the lead consultant and design reviews are undertaken and completed in line with programme requirements.
* Monitor the submission of Building Regulations and warranty applications ensuring they are submitted in a timely manner and that conditions are discharged when information becomes available such as sub-contractor design, air testing and commissioning certificates etc.
* Review design consultants drawings against contract, legislative or technical requirements and identify efficiencies which can be made whilst still meeting the aforementioned requirements.
* Apply for temporary (site supply) and permanent utility disconnections, diversions, new connections and energy supplies in a timely manner and coordinate this information with design consultants to ensure construction drawings align with the requirements of the utility providers.
* Ensure the project is fully implemented in strict accordance with BMS and 4Project document management procedures.
* Procure naming of streets and postal addresses in direct communication with the Local Authority.
* Agree with the Local Authority the provision of street name plates.
* Ensure the timely submission of technical information in relation to highways and drainage section agreements and complete the necessary application forms and schedule of legal requirements to enable the agreement to be formulated.
* Liaise with the Temporary Works Coordinator so he is fully aware of the section agreements applicable to each project and status of technical submissions and approvals.
* Organise consultant/sub-contractor design teams meeting throughout the project as deemed necessary
* Via 4Projects maintain a log of all construction related requests for information and coordinate the request to ensure a timely and satisfactory response.
* Liaise with the client to ensure the review of construction information and material samples is undertaken and approved in line with the requirements of the programme.
* Coordinate information from consultants for BREEAM and CfSH ensuring stage assessments are completed in a timely manner and to a successful conclusion.
* Apply for Robust Details registration, pass onto commercial for payment and distribute checklists, certificates to the site team for completion and return to Building Control.
* Coordinate information and liaise with the BIM manager were necessary.
* Utilising the document controller, coordinate the production of the Health and Safety Files with the consultants and sub-contractors.
* Acting as mentor and manager of two Design Coordinators.
Experience and Qualifications:
* A construction/design related professional qualification-HNC/HND/Degree.
* Prior experience as a Design / Technical Manager or Senior.
* Experience of working within the construction industry, ideally on Design and Build, new build, private spec housing, and social/affordable housing.
If you are a proven design manager, looking to join a market leader, then please don't hesitate in forwarding an up to date CV at your earlest convenience.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency