|Job Ref:||204659798||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Buckinghamshire||Address:||Post Code:||HP7||Salary:||£30000 - £32000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:35|
Access Control Engineer
Capita - Updata
South East England
* You will have experience to interpret from schematics and CAD the installation requirements and component design
* You will be familiar with the installation skills required to install and set up access control, door entry and intercom systems.
* You will understand the different access control solutions and know their capabilities and limitations
* You will be able to work unattended with your own initiative and drive to complete a job. You will be able to ask and confer with others when unsure as and when issues arise
* You should be able to and have experience of installing door controllers, locking solutions, door furniture and access control software onto a PC.
* You will be able to build a system and to commission it with the help of your Project Leader
* You will be able to interpret test results and identify any problems or non-compliant results and will have the ability to diagnose the correction.
* Familiarity with both the Education (Primary and secondary) and Corporate markets an advantage.
* Able to complete straightforward site surveys for Pre-sales or post sales Projects
* Assist in building long-term relationships with customers to achieve repeat business opportunities wherever possible.
* Monitor the quality of your installation works.
* You will maintain a high standard for Health, Safety and Environmental performance.
* Deliver team briefings and toolbox talks as necessary
* This role is seen as evolving into Senior Access Control / security Team leader
Contribute to performance plans
* Identify any training / skills needs that you may have and report them to your Line Manager.
* Ensure effective communications with all team members
* Review quality control, testing and commissioning of works.
* Work with the Project Manager to monitor and ensure zero defects at handover.
Company procedures and directives
* Implement Quality Assurance procedures,
* Implement safety health welfare and environmental procedures.
* Liaise with Team / Project Leader to ensure sufficient materials; plant and equipment are available to complete your works without delay.
* Monitor external delays and interruptions to progress in conjunction with the Team / Project Leader.
* Take personal pride in providing a quality service to customers (either internal or external) to achieve targets.
* Use appropriate questioning skill to understand the precise nature of issues that the customer may raise.
* Demonstrate the confidence to actively listen, participate and make a constructive contribution to meetings and briefings.
* Display a positive attitude and body language in communicating with others either on a one to one or group basis.
* Be able to appreciate your own limitations such that you come across and a reliable, confident representative
* Build long-term relationships with customers to achieve repeat business opportunities wherever possible.
Some knowledge of quality systems would be an advantage
Knowledge of health, safety and Environmental requirements - CSCS a requirement
Manufacturer training/Certification advantageous: -
Responsible for the installation, termination, configuration and testing of your work packages
Will have a minimum of 3 years' experience as an Access Control Engineer delivering: -
* Quality installations
* Safe working environment
Will have a good working knowledge of current H&S requirements and hold CSCS accreditation.
Be familiar and able to work with IT installation Teams
IT Recognised qualifications an advantage
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us